Ics CXP Hog Upgrades to Silence

RAM

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

Me and a friend have ICS CXP HOG aeg's and was wanting to make them a bit quiter we are interested in purchasing the following parts

SHS M4 Cylinder Head Aluminium (Silent)
SHS Piston Head Silent (Aluminium)
SHS Tappet Plate (V2)

SHS M4 Aluminium Nozzle Double O-Ring (21.4mm)
SHS 16:1 Gears
SHS Stainless Steel Cylinder (3/4)

We were wondering if this would be a good setup along with what upgrades we have already carried out which are
Maple leaf super macaroon hop rubber & omega hop up tensioner, Maple leaf crazy jet inner barrel (260mm long), M95 Spring cutdown to get to 346FPS & Gate Warfet.
running on deans 7.4 lipo 1300mah

Any suggestions would be appreciated as we are both new to this.

• Supporters

how silent do you want/are expecting to be able to get?

because it might be easier to sell your soul to hpa/go for a mk23 if you want the quietest possible setup.

however. higher speed gears are a good idea especially with precocking, a longer barrel helps with the pop.

i'd stay away from those "silent" piston heads, the ones i've met have a nasty habit of screwing up your aoe and having pretty terrible air seal.

was just wanting to get a it a little quiter for when playing CQB and needing to be a bit of a Sneaky SOB as I know I was getting spotted easier because of the noise from the hog. If the Silent piston heads are not that good would you recommend something else ?

One day I might be able to get a HPA but if I was to even attempt it at the moment I would be dead lol.

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, RAM said:

was just wanting to get a it a little quiter for when playing CQB and needing to be a bit of a Sneaky SOB as I know I was getting spotted easier because of the noise from the hog. If the Silent piston heads are not that good would you recommend something else ?

One day I might be able to get a HPA but if I was to even attempt it at the moment I would be dead lol.

I'd look at running a mk23 as a sidearm and keep the hog as-is then, you'll get the gold standard of airsoft silence without sacrificing firepower.

Thanks guys for the help and suggestions I will look at getting the MK23 too.

https://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/43-longrange-aegs/55923-how-make-quietest-aeg-ever.html

Have a look at this.

Some useful bits, although it doesn't really work for anything that's not a bullpup (AUG, P90s, PDR-C, you get the idea)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.