Recommend Me a Jpc Clone?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I've had a MODI JPC for a few years. Still going strong. No rips or tears. 

The quality of all the Chinasoft gear these days,  is 90% as good as the real gear. Looking at everything I have bought. 

I wish they have existed 10 years ago when I bought all my real Cyre, HSGI, Eagle and Tactical Tailor gear. Would have saved enough for several extra guns. 

7 hours ago, Groot said:

The quality of all the Chinasoft gear these days,  is 90% as good as the real gear.

No, they're on two different universes.

I'm by no means a stitch counter or anything, but (ironically) the stitching on RS/quality gear is miles ahead of the repros. Literally.

Double/triple stitching on stress areas, whereas you're lucky if the clone has a decent single stitch.

Molle panels are aligned and spaced evenly, clones often sponsor rows that close in together as if it was a friday night job.

While it's true that some repros use genuine material (TMC and some Emerson items), it is also true that material alone isn't a sign of quality. It's how it's been put together that, imo, makes or break a piece of kit. You can have the best material ever made, but if it's assembled by monkeys it'll still be worse than the cheap nylon assembled by a professional tailor.

With that out of the way, airshit replicas are perfectly serviceable by airsofters, the example is the JPC, 99% of the JPCs seen at a field are clones. Some look OK, others look shit (like my Emerson that I wore twice and it's currently sitting in the closet).

I do agree that the quality went up a lot from 10 years ago, but saying it's 90% of the real steel is just wrong.

16 minutes ago, Skara said:

No, they're on two different universes.

Noooo don't say that I've been eyeing up some Tasmanian Tiger stuff whilst desperately trying to remind myself that £200 is a ridiculous price to pay to be able to LARP a shooty-man indiscernibly better every once in a while.

Going to be a bit of a bore here. Airsoft kit is good enough for most styles of Airsoft as the main thing that destroys chest rigs/plate carriers is weight of certain pieces of kit

if you want to know if it's "real steel" enough then start running a Tm mws or GHK with 6 metal gas mags in your pouches.

if it doesn't get eaten by the weight and the sawing action of the mags moving a tiny bit in the pouches and you use it every weekend and it looks ok after 12 months then it's good enough.

2 hours ago, osteoshot said:

if you want to know if it's "real steel" enough then start running a Tm mws or GHK with 6 metal gas mags in your pouches.

This is very true. I run an MWS with anywhere between 4 and 10 mags on my plate carrier (4 for more milsim events, up to 10 for walk on days with long games against loads of spray and pray kids with Multiple 500 Round hi-caps).

The weight of a 10 mag load out pretty much kills any of the chinasoft plate carriers in short order. I ended up with a Warrior Assault System carrier which while not the most modern and fashionable cut is very well built and is pretty cost effective.

I believe Warrior do a JPC alike carrier, although it won’t be a complete clone. It will be well made and will easily cope with all your Airsoft needs for as long as you carry on playing, but is likely to still cost you several hundred pounds (which is still a bucket load cheeper than a Crye original) but looks pricy compared to some £50 thing from eBay.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Cyberlawyer said:

I believe Warrior do a JPC alike carrier, although it won’t be a complete clone. It will be well made and will easily cope with all your Airsoft needs for as long as you carry on playing, but is likely to still cost you several hundred pounds (which is still a bucket load cheeper than a Crye original) but looks pricy compared to some £50 thing from eBay.

They do a couple actually. This one is £130 with the WARRIOR10 discount code: https://www.uktactical.com/p-12443-warrior-recon-plate-carrier-sapi-multicam.aspx

Or the newer and slightly more "JPC-esque" https://www.uktactical.com/p-17762-warrior-low-profile-carrier-v1-with-solid-sides-multicam.aspx which is £189 with the code.

So not "several hundred pounds" but yes way better than many of the cheap china clones. That said I do have a couple of different TMC plate carriers and they're pretty solid (the AVS and the Ferro Slickster copy).

Alternatively of course there's the Z-Shot JPC which is officially licenced by Crye https://www.airsoftzone.com/en/JPC-2.0-Multicam-Crye-Precision-by-ZShot-Medium-25035en1039/ which is around £250.

14 hours ago, Skara said:

I do agree that the quality went up a lot from 10 years ago, but saying it's 90% of the real steel is just wrong.

Well Yes, But Actually No | Know Your Meme

Let us not haggle over percentages.

But reference to my post, the 10% is where the quality sits.

If i was going to war. I would take real kit, as my life would depend on it.

Paying 20% of the price of the real kit. Which in my experience, has all been very good kit ( Maybe i just shop well ).

Just Friday I received an £22 EndomGear cobra belt, which i compared it to my friends real one on the weekend.
His cost £109 from tactical kit and the is no difference I can see. Even the buckle "looks" the same, even if mine is a little shinier.
Now i am sure i am not going to trust this one to take my weight in an abseil.

For everything else it would do the exact same job, even in real steel. 

Admittedly I can only comment on the kit i have bought but I have not had an issue with quality or durability. It has all been top notch.

Abseiling on a belt kit? No thanks, it takes 30 secs to make a sit harness with a shoulder strap out of climbing  rope that will not fail.

real steel kit isn’t made that much better than knock off that I would dangle from a rope from it.

the drag handle on kit is for dragging not Charlie sheen navy seals carabiner on your webbing style extractions From a helicopter.
I would rather have a harness, not have overbuilt kit that weighs more  for the unlikely event of that style of extraction 

2 hours ago, Groot said:

If i was going to war. I would take real kit, as my life would depend on it.

You may find your RSM has a different opinion on that

general advice buy what makes you happy 

• Head Moderator

Moderator message

I have removed the links to members' own adverts in the Classifieds.  Just use a link to a retailer if advising / suggesting kit.

• Advertising
No one is to use their account to place advertisements in their signature, avatar or any posts.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.