The Cardinal Airsoft Sin....

Adolf Hamster

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Skara said:

so he was banned for being annoying even though he hadn't broken any rules?

tricky one, breaking rules sure but if we started handing out punishments for merely being annoying there wouldn't be many survivors.....

8 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

tricky one, breaking rules sure but if we started handing out punishments for merely being annoying there wouldn't be many survivors.....

I guess that the offender really pissed this guy off to get banned.

After all, it's his site and he can do whatever he wants with it, if he deemed the guy to be a thundercunt, he did the right thing imo.

It's better to have fewer people who can have a good time together rather than accepting even the worst of the worst for the sake of profit.

• Supporters

My interpretation is that the banned guy was spouting his mouth off on FB, not uncommon I know, but if what he was saying was untrue/incorrect, & he persistently pushed his point, which is seditious & potentially harmful to his business, then I make Andy right for the ban, & good on him for doing it publicly.

40 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

17 minutes ago, Skara said:

After all, it's his site and he can do whatever he wants with it, if he deemed the guy to be a thundercunt, he did the right thing imo.

It's better to have fewer people who can have a good time together rather than accepting even the worst of the worst for the sake of profit.

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Skara said:

i can see the point, without knowing the details it's hard to know if this is the kind of thing leads to favoritism which i'm surprised hasn't made this thread yet (ie site regulars getting away with murder while newcomers are under a microscope)

however, given i have no idea of the details as to whether or not this is justified i suppose it's only fair to reserve judgement.

11 minutes ago, Tackle said:

My interpretation is that the banned guy was spouting his mouth off on FB, not uncommon I know, but if what he was saying was untrue/incorrect, & he persistently pushed his point, which is seditious & potentially harmful to his business, then I make Andy right for the ban, & good on him for doing it publicly.

There’s the tricky area of liability too. If the spoutings were libellous, the site owner or admin can be held as the publisher and jointly sued with the spouter. 

Also, who wants to tune into something they’ve made and love to have it wrecked by someone they hate? Rules are rules but if you run a pub and someone really gets on your tits, you just tell them to fuck away off and darken someone else’s urinals. 

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Skara said:

Now that's how you handle customer relations. :D

The first rule of airsoft is "don't be a dick, just play the game".

If you want to argue the toss on whether you're being a dick, you're probably being a dick.

1 minute ago, Rogerborg said:

Now that's how you handle customer relations. :D

Yeah couldn't stop laughing :D

But I'd rather have him any day of the week over someone whose only interest is making money.

Also you should all show up in mankinis at his site just to piss him off :D

I have to say, my local site tends to be pretty well marshaled and marshaled by the locals. Yeah they dominate when they’re in a group, but only because they know the place with their eyes closed. They’re all fair and decent lads.

Most of the sinners though fall foul of a very common sin that extends into every day life.

Thou shall not be a dickheadth

I think cheat calling annoys me more than non-hit takers to be honest. If I go and run around with a toy gun for a few hours, my only concern is about my experience and my conduct. Yeah someone not taking hits is annoying, but that’s what marshals are for. Someone screaming “TAKE YOUR HITS” across the warehouse sours the mood real fast. 

Everything else, I think, just tends to be completely unnecessarily. Spamming semi, headshots when you have the whole of a person to aim at, getting angry...99/100 I just think it’s pathetic and unwarranted. We’re all dressed up like soldiers running around with toy guns. Take the rules seriously....but apart from that? What’s the point in getting worked up? IT’S. A. GAME.

If everyone woke up, looked themselves in the mirror and said “right, try to not be a c*** today”, the world would be a better place. Same goes for airsoft. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've realised the ultimate cardinal sin of airsoft, is if the really obvious and puerile remark isn't shouted out by that one guy who's been chatting to his friends all through the safety briefing.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.