The Cardinal Airsoft Sin....

Adolf Hamster

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

P-Diddy, I thought it was Kanye West going for it ?, I suppose after Trump getting elected they think any things possible.

who would we like to see in the big chair ?

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

P-Diddy, I thought it was Kanye West going for it ?, I suppose after Trump getting elected they think any things possible.

Shows out of touch I am with hippidy hop. 
I just had to google if there were the same person. 

In descending order of annoyance:

1. Unsafe play, especially blind fire, but also overkill. Coming round a blind corner pre-firing, dumping 10rds into someone at close range, is totally unnecessary; I came to play airsoft, not indulge your sadomasochistic fantasies. Included in this is high-RPS builds, especially DSGs and high-power/high-RPS HPA. If you need 40RPS to play, maybe you should take up something more your speed, like knitting.
  2. Dickhead play, especially not calling hits, but also hit-calling, offensive chat and getting aggressive. If you want to be a big man, fuck off down to Legoland and pick on people your own intellectual capacity.
  3. Marshals turning their safety brief into an interminable comedy set. Tell us the rules and let us play.

Also...

On 16/07/2020 at 13:22, Crazy_Crystal said:

plus Airsoft is a non contact sport for a reason...

This. If I want to pay too much money to get touched up by a sweating mouth-breather, I'll go to a strip club.

On 16/07/2020 at 13:43, Adolf Hamster said:

admittedly the safe zone grabbers can be a mite annoying, it's just basic manners to at least ask before messing with other folks stuff

What makes this so unacceptable is if you do ask them, 99% of airsofters would talk your ear off about their kit and positively force you to pick it up and aim down the sights etc. so you can appreciate its majesty. There's no need to go messing around with people's kit, especially when some players are leaving the value of a used car lying around in an unsecured safe zone based on nothing but trust.

• Head Moderator

Running into a room and shouting "Pew, pew, pew" and expecting the enemy to take the hit.

Everyone knows you are supposed to use full auto "Dakka, Dakka, Daaaaaaakkkkkkkaaaa"  ;)

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Tommikka said:

I once used the  gun shot & headshot rule to my advantage

That was the first thing that occurred to me when "headshots don't count" was floated.  That would make you essentially invincible in many CQB situations, plus what is your opposition meant to do?  Give up, or shoot your teeth out?

No, I'm happier with headshots being allowed, but only if it's all that's presented to you.

2 hours ago, PureSilver said:

1. Marshals turning their safety brief into an interminable comedy set. Tell us the rules and let us play.

absolutely agree. 

14 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

That was the first thing that occurred to me when "headshots don't count" was floated.  That would make you essentially invincible in many CQB situations, plus what is your opposition meant to do?

Laughs in dye i5.

21 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I was surprised to discover some sites don't do this.  I guess it's not quite as important in woodland where you've got a general idea that the enemy is over yonder.  In a maze-like CQB though, milliseconds count.  Heck, I'd like to see upper arms, wrists and headbands. :D

But untaped, urgh, no, just no.

Section 8 do it well. Red team right arm blue team left arm. See one arm of the player? You should be able to figure out if he is friend of foe. I plan on getting some coloured patches for the back of my chest rig as if the enemy is behind me I'm probably already fucked but I'd like to cut down on my team shooting me when I am attacking the enemy.

But on topic for me exluding the obvious hit dodging bastards:

Pre firing every fucking corner you go around. It's as  bad as blind firing you aquire target then shoot not shoot then look what you are shooting at.

The whallopers who think they are hitting you because they are John Wick but actually their gun has been misfeeding and nothings coming out or their high cap needs wound or some shit. I've had a marshal called on me for not taking a hit before and I was like eh i'm in a t-shirt pal  I would of felt it (I took a respawn to make him feel better but consistently that player and his UMP45 never fires a fucking thing at me and moans).

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Musica said:

The whallopers who think they are hitting you because they are John Wick but actually their gun has been misfeeding and nothings coming out or their high cap needs wound or some shit. I've had a marshal called on me for not taking a hit before and I was like eh i'm in a t-shirt pal  I would of felt it (I took a respawn to make him feel better but consistently that player and his UMP45 never fires a fucking thing at me and moans).

Had a rental pull that on me as i went to respawn, i was like dude, firstly i'm dead, secondly i'm on your team and thirdly you aint shootin shit.

On 18 July 2020 at 11:09, Musica said:

Pre firing every fucking corner you go around. It's as  bad as blind firing you aquire target then shoot not shoot then look what you are shooting at.

I'm pretty sure I remember a you tube hero "teaching" this on a cqb video.

Wasn't impressed then or now.

personally the couple of gripes I have have been covered however, 

"gun hits don't count mate." Do they not? I m pretty sure that if your pew pew is across your chest and I aim centre mass and it hits your rif, it isn't a bullet shield and it has been stopped from hitting you by your rif 

I do this because

1 it's a BB gun not a laser and I want to maximise my chance of a hit by aiming for your plate carrier 

2 I don't do head shots unless thats all I can see

Now i appreciate if your gun barrel is sticking out from a behind a tree and the barrel gets hit from a 90 degree angle and was never going to hit you then I can see the fair play rule where you resort to your back up. If you feel though that If I shoot centre mass twice and you think that a rif is a shield and then  drill me on full auto (yes this happened) then what is left as an option to me. I'll tell you a bb to the face.

id like to say I'm a better person and wouldn't do it but I know I'm not.

• Supporters
On 18/07/2020 at 11:09, Musica said:

100%, that hacks me off.  There's not a huge amount of it at the Depot, but I'd like to see what there is being stamped on.

It's blind firing, because you can only hit targets that you couldn't see when you pulled the trigger. You could be lighting up a team-mate, marshal, or someone with their eye-pro off.  You don't see, you don't shoot.

Also, what's the purpose? The first round might take someone (team mate, marshal...) by surprise if they walk into it, but after that, what are you hoping for?  Either to inflict distraction through pain, or getting someone to mistakenly call themselves out from a ricochet, either of which are absolute cad's tricks.

But all pie-slicing tacticool excuses aside, I strongly suspect the main reason folk do it is just for an excuse to shoot off a bunch of what are usually tracer BBs.

I actually think the Depot could do with a few more open spaces where folk can play peek-a-boo and squeeze off a bunch of BBs without having to invent excuses for emptying their mags.  As ranges come down and more cover goes up, the opportunities to actually shoot at clear targets are reducing.

• Supporters
45 minutes ago, osteoshot said:

"gun hits don't count mate." Do they not? I m pretty sure that if your pew pew is across your chest and I aim centre mass and it hits your rif, it isn't a bullet shield and it has been stopped from hitting you by your rif 

I do this because

1 it's a BB gun not a laser and I want to maximise my chance of a hit by aiming for your plate carrier 

2 I don't do head shots unless thats all I can see

Now i appreciate if your gun barrel is sticking out from a behind a tree and the barrel gets hit from a 90 degree angle and was never going to hit you then I can see the fair play rule where you resort to your back up. If you feel though that If I shoot centre mass twice and you think that a rif is a shield and then  drill me on full auto (yes this happened) then what is left as an option to me. I'll tell you a bb to the face.

id like to say I'm a better person and wouldn't do it but I know I'm not.

I can see where your coming from but it's easier to just have gun hits count or they dont count.

As long as its clear what the site rules are then that's fine by me.

Admittedly the gurttrommel on the mg42 makes a great face sheild.....

4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I strongly suspect the main reason folk do it is just for an excuse to shoot off a bunch of what are usually tracer BBs.

This one asain guy did it to me.  I call hit as he did hit me (many times) and wait for a medic but then he peaks out the same bit of cover and does the same thing hits me again with like another 3-4 bbs. I yell at him to try aiming, he yells back he is.... He does it again I yell something else but I forget I'm pretty pissed off at this point with like about 10 new welts on me. Then I see a team mate creeping up on him but his friend (who is already dead) whispers to him that he is being flanked.  I've had enough at this point torch on run up get their numbers and report them both for over shooting and talking while dead to probably the scariest marshal apart from big boss himself.

He was just poping out and covering an arc with bbs then going back in cover repeatedly. Must of been 20-30 bbs each time.

For me it would be a lack of respect in general.  

It could be towards players (kit snobs, teams 'circles of trust' and the milsim "operator" who has been to "war"..firing a toy gun at other equally superior players..therefore they're automatically superior right because in the military this is what happens (earn stripes etc)?. Were all here to play a game which involves TOY GUNS and we all have had to start somewhere, so show some respect because that person you're being a **** to today , may well be someone you need in the future.

Thens there is respect for the rules which covers hit taking, M.E.D and safe zone discipline.  

Finally there's respect for the site that you play at.  Don't be that muppet that thinks its cool to break beaches from a tree because you're hands are bored whilst you wait for the game to start, or drop litter, or damage anything for that matter. 

On 17/07/2020 at 17:29, Tackle said:

Interesting Trivia.

Kanye's last name was originaly "Fixit" but he changed it after a copywriter dispute with Bob the Builder. 

Oh oh oh I have another one - twats in Ghillie suits who don't have clearly showing armbands and think half a bit of tape on their wrist counts.

In fact, just twats in Ghillie suits generally.

5 hours ago, osteoshot said:

Ah don’t spoil my fun, I like seeing them staggering back to the safe zone at lunch time with heat exhaustion. It would appear that a breakfast of monster and a fag doesn’t set you up for 2 hours in a bush womble suit on a hot day 

I find airsofters attempts at camouflage and discussing what is the best camo or ghillie suit etc immensely hilarious as none of them have the first clue how to move tactically unless they are ex military and specifically ex infantry.  Christ, I am RAF and the only tactical movement I am trained in is how to secure the best 5* hotels....

There's a few for me.

The safety brief yackers who slow down everything and invariably aren't ready when its time to go into the game zones.

Airsoft snobs who look down on everyones kit because its not crye,tm, real steel etc etc.

Genuine non hit takers. You know the ones. You can see them flinching, see the bb's bouncing off them at 10 yards and they still claim not to have been hit,

Cheat callers. Usually those same folk who don't call their hits amusingly.

But the biggest by far. Thieves and scammers. Airsoft is an expensive hobby even at entry level and people who believe they have a right to rip off or steal someone elses stuff. Well they deserve dragging through the nettles naked whilst everyone full auto's their nutsacks into oblivion.

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Judging by Andy from UCAPS video just now here's another cardinal sin...

Don't piss off site owners and run your mouth on the internet.

Linky please ? 🤓

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.