Where to Play in Scotland

sonofsammo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A move North may be afoot for my family and I'm wondering where's decent to play in Scotland, preferably near Elvanfoot.

If any of our Scottish members can offer site advice, that would be much appreciated.

TIA 😁

It's only 3 hours ish to Proving Grounds 😂

• Supporters

That's a bit in the back of beyond.  As far as I'm aware there's not much South of Elvanfoot, so you're looking at:

Section 8 in Shotts, big site but mostly trees and ditches.

Biohazard in Stevenston, who run one of those awful "justs aks us on Fasebook, m8" booking systems.

Hammer 2 Operations in some undisclosed location out towards Ayr if they ever get restarted.

And of course the Depot in Castlemilk, Glasgow, where you'll find the quality players.

None of them re-opened yet, but even Nippy Sturgeon can't keep us locked down forever.

Less than an hour up the road you will have Edinburgh Airsoft (Land Warriors site)

Enemy Down , regular players are still waiting on a definitive answer if it is even going to open again after C-19 lockdown.

Battle Zone , just north of Edinburgh near the Forth Bridge’s (Dalmeny)

The Fort - Kirkcaldy 20 mins from Edinburgh across the Bridge 👍

On 11/07/2020 at 22:41, Rogerborg said:

the Depot in Castlemilk, Glasgow, where you'll find the quality players.

RODGER ROGER COMING UP STAIRWELL DELTA WITH HUGE FORCE! 

I would say your easiest to get to site is Depot as it's just up the M74 to Glasgow.  About equal distance/time in Section 8. Both less than an hours drive just about. Any  site you can't take the motorway to will take  you longer so Edinburgh sites might seem closer but they are not quicker to get to.   Below is a list I put together of sites but most of them are 1 hour + for me to get to from Glasgow so you might be SOL for some of them. If hammer 2 operations returns it would probably be just over an hourish to get to.  Hopefully you can make it to the Depot so I can friendly fire someone else from the forum for once. I think Rogerborg is suspecting it might not be an accidental anymore. 

Airsoft  Sites

week 1
The Depot (Glasgow Indoor CQB
Section 8 (outdoor)
Bio hazard airsoft (Stevenston indoor CQB)
Fife War Games (Crail outdoor) 
The Fort (FIFE Kirkcaldy outdoor)
Enemy Down (Edinburgh outdoor)

week 2
Players of War (Falkirk outdoor)
Airsoft Edinburgh (Landwarrior outdoor)
The Fortress (FIFE Kirkcaldy indoor CQB)

• Supporters

Looks like no airsoft in Scotland though until at least August. Land Warrior and Battle Zone in Edinburgh are making noises about re-opening on the 19th, pre-book and with distancing and what-not. But I can't see how that's practical if they're sticking to 15 people and 5 households.  If they think they've found some wizard wheeze to get around that, I'd rather that they didn't, as we really don't want to be attracting unwanted attention from the State.

• Supporters

Biohazard have just announced that they're re-opening on Friday the 31st of July.  I have no idea how they can be so certain.

[UPDATE] And Battlezone Edinburgh reckon they're opening this Sunday the 19th.  I think they may be pushing it a bit there, the limit is still 5 households, not 15 people as is being bandied around.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.