St Mini Launcher and Master Mike.

Jimbodini42

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

Attached photo for reference. 

So bought S&T mini launcher M203 and a Master Mike from two separate shops. 

Master Mike I’ve read ‘works in all launchers’. 

it’s a very tight fit and as can see from photo it’s taken the stickers off the Mike. 

It fits just about in, pull the trigger and just a bit of gas comes out the front at a relatively slow rate. 

What am I doing wrong or don’t the two work together!!!?! 

Please help! 

4F97B74C-193B-40FF-AFEB-DCF4B2BEB03E.jpeg

60AE69CC-897A-450F-AAA5-C08C5C24554C.jpeg

009069BA-753D-43A6-A756-AC5D23C418A8.jpeg

Could it be the gas I’m using? 

Video added for what’s happening and photo of gas. 

I think maybe it is not pressing the fire pin in hard enough or further in enough? 

AFDB4ED0-18F0-4BE9-A123-B67981E5FF43.jpeg

Ok so tested the Master Mike and it works! Just the launcher doesn’t press the fire button at the back properly. 

Need to take back to shop and try different launcher or anyone got any ideas on how to make it work!? 

• Supporters

if i recall i had something similar to get my tube to fire 40-mikes.

in it's case it was a convoluted combo of removing the safety and shimming the screw-on firing pin head to get enough lift to fire properly.

the stripping looks like those 2 claws are tight (understandable on a new launcher) you could bend them in a bit to loosen them up and give a smoother surface to grab.

52 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

if i recall i had something similar to get my tube to fire 40-mikes.

in it's case it was a convoluted combo of removing the safety and shimming the screw-on firing pin head to get enough lift to fire properly.

the stripping looks like those 2 claws are tight (understandable on a new launcher) you could bend them in a bit to loosen them up and give a smoother surface to grab.

Ah brill. To be honest very relieved that hadn’t got a dud Mike as thought might have problems returning it when the stickers had all been scratched from the tube. 

I thought maybe can I stick something to the metal that juts out when pull M203 trigger? So it pushed the mike more. But risky because it could cause it to go off when loading the mike into the m203? 

How difficult was it to sort yours? I have zero confidence in my diy ability 

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Jimbodini42 said:

Ah brill. To be honest very relieved that hadn’t got a dud Mike as thought might have problems returning it when the stickers had all been scratched from the tube. 

I thought maybe can I stick something to the metal that juts out when pull M203 trigger? So it pushed the mike more. But risky because it could cause it to go off when loading the mike into the m203? 

How difficult was it to sort yours? I have zero confidence in my diy ability 

it's been a while since i tinkered with mine, but as i recall it wasn't so bad.

i have no idea what brand my launcher is though so yours could well be built differently but i'd start by seeing if the firing pin can be unscrewed, if it can then happy days just stick some shims under there until you get the right level of lift.

Ah yeah I get you. Will have a look thanks! 

A mate has just suggested a small piece of sticky rubber (like the dots you get to stop Wooden drawers etc from banging) Onto the Mike’s bottom so then it pushes more? Reckon that could be worth looking at? 

Do you know what the small circle shape is for on the bottom of the mike firing pin is for? Obviously not for filling with gas because that’s the other end. Reckon ok to be covered? 

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Jimbodini42 said:

Ah yeah I get you. Will have a look thanks! 

A mate has just suggested a small piece of sticky rubber (like the dots you get to stop Wooden drawers etc from banging) Onto the Mike’s bottom so then it pushes more? Reckon that could be worth looking at? 

Do you know what the small circle shape is for on the bottom of the mike firing pin is for? Obviously not for filling with gas because that’s the other end. Reckon ok to be covered? 

as far as i can tell that hole is for tightening it onto the valve, again it's been ages since i stripped one of those things and i don't recall messing with the valve directly.

10 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

as far as i can tell that hole is for tightening it onto the valve, again it's been ages since i stripped one of those things and i don't recall messing with the valve directly.

Thanks for help! 

Ive got a temporary solution in that I got a rubber sticky dot from my lad’s toy box lid and reduced it by half, stuck it to bottom of the Mike and it’s works! 

I had a panic because I wanted it to use for Sunday’s first game back! 

I’m going to do what you’ve said though and add shims! Thanks! 

all noted as i plan on getting a couple of these and a G&P long U/S launcher.  i have read the trigger pull on master/40 mikes is hard due to the pressure and the pins not going out particulary far.

12 hours ago, kasaran said:

all noted as i plan on getting a couple of these and a G&P long U/S launcher.  i have read the trigger pull on master/40 mikes is hard due to the pressure and the pins not going out particulary far.

Ive been messing around with it today again and the cut in half (across) rubber dot works an absolute beast. So to be fair it’s easy fix. Obviously losing the dot thing would be a problem. 

Once I’ve played on Sunday and then had some time to get inventive and come up with a solution (if I don’t do the Shims concept) I’ll post and let you know. 

• Supporters
13 hours ago, kasaran said:

Its a longer throw than your standard moscart and doesnt pop open, you gotta be real firm with the trigger and hold it down till it's fired.

It's not particularly stiff, even on black gas, certainly nothing compared to co2 in a moscart shell.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.