Ahoy, You Lovely Cheaters, Griefers, Walts and Paintballers-in-denial

Rogerborg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 24/07/2020 at 11:56, Davegolf said:

Just need that tech in my specs' now 😂

Stopping the googles fogging is one thing, glasses is another 🙈

Could probably just do the exact same thing and cut the film to be lens shaped. The challenge on glasses would be where to stick all the electronics. 

For goggles I can just make a small compartment that sits on the band at the back like the battery packs for the fan assisted goggles.

• Supporters
Just now, Encore said:

Could probably just do the exact same thing and cut the film to be lens shaped. The challenge on glasses would be where to stick all the electronics. 

For goggles I can just make a small compartment that sits on the band at the back like the battery packs for the fan assisted goggles.

maybe have the control box seperate and run it on a shoulder mount? or fit to a helmet.

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

dedicated thread might be worth doing, especially if you're planning on doing commission builds in the future

Yeah, I'll do that. I'll make a dedicated thread for all of this once I get all my plans and blueprints out. 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Encore said:

Yeah, I'll do that. I'll make a dedicated thread for all of this once I get all my plans and blueprints out. 

Really looking forward to it.  It makes a lot of sense, it just needs someone to lead the way.  +ve and -ve lead... ;)

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Encore said:

Gotta say, as commendable as it is to share all this info & research, you've definitely got a product you could market there, not unlike Herosharks excellent kit, if it hasn't been done before as a working product, I'd consider registering the rights before anyone else does ?

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Gotta say, as commendable as it is to share all this info & research, you've definitely got a product you could market there not unlike Herosharks excellent kit

True, but like HeroShark, you can only make (some) money in the UK by doing small runs of custom gear.

if it hasn't been done before as a working product, I'd consider registering the rights before anyone else does ?

Urgh.  Sadly, the intellectual property system is heavily weighted towards large businesses who can afford to pay lawyers to register and pursue IP.

The easiest/cheapest thing to register in the UK is a design. This protests the specific and distinctive appearance of a product.  It's not hugely useful as it's aimed more at artsy-fartsy products than technical ones, and enforcement comes down to your ability to out-spend a competitor.

Beyond that you need to register a patent. The problem with that is that heated goggles are not a new invention. There are already ski goggles that implement this, and snowmobile visors have been doing it for years. It'd be hard to argue that airsoft goggles go beyond a modification to an existing invention.

You can sink a small fortune in to trying to register and protect intellectual property, and spergs like Adam Aarons have done exactly that. This chap has sunk years and his inheritance into paying solicitors to aggressively pursue (first hand knowledge!) anyone who even questions the practicality or existence of his "invention".  And yet, despite year and years of such shenanigans, the poor deluded incel has never managed to produce or sell one single unit of what he's "invented".

Don't be like Adam Aarons.  If you have something that you think you can sell, then sell it.  If you focus your energy and money on trying to "protect" it, then you'll quickly find yourself funding lawyers rather than productive human beings.

• Supporters

Tbh given how open this industry is to copying things i have to say i'm on the side of not bothering to patent when its just gonna get ripped off left right and centre. You dont want to end up like rollin white bankrupting yourself filing patent lawsuits.

If you focus on doing it as a custom service rather than a product- folk send you their preferred style of goggles and you fit them up it'd be a bit less susceptable.

Put it like this, if it was a service i'd be getting a set of 6b50's and sending them off with my bolle's to get fitted up. Hell the only reason i havent tried myself is me and integrated circuits dont get on.

• Supporters

Yeah I forgot what our inscrutable Asian friends are like for copying the shit out everything & to hell with who owns the rights to it.

I'll post the thread for the google later this evening. Dug out all my plans but need to type them up properly. As for protecting the design, the basic premise has already been used in snow goggles so I doubt I could patent it and even if I could I don't have the time to turn it into a proper business. 

I'd rather share the design and those with the skills and/or give it ago spirit can take a crack at making there own. Else I'm going to try to find someone who could make these on a regular basis and people who'd rather buy a working item can buy from them (with a profit split with me so I can afford to go to skirmish games more regularly)

Okay, so writing up my notes is taking longer than I expected and I've got a bunch of work to do this week. I haven't forgotten and I will upload all the work I've done so far and my current BOM. Bare with me for anyone who is interested in this. 

• Supporters
51 minutes ago, Encore said:

Okay, so writing up my notes is taking longer than I expected and I've got a bunch of work to do this week. I haven't forgotten and I will upload all the work I've done so far and my current BOM. Bare with me for anyone who is interested in this. 

the true end of fog is something worth waiting for 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.