Old School Airsofters.

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i miss buying guns back then; i got excited. i have lots now but never get excited when a new one turns up.           age? had too many? i miss that feeling waiting for the delivery man.

being a counter strike nerd i always promised myself id get the full set.

not far of 20 years later i have

ak47 4,5

m4a1 gbb

kwc desert eagle

glock 18c

mk23 nbb

ASG .l96

hours of browsing wgcshop, uncompany.       seems so long ago now

Western arms para ordinance and infinity's used to rule the roost. Guided V12's, gigant if you was a looney. Maruzen MP5K's that would blow apart any time. Always wanted a maruzen tech9. Missed out. I used to spend ages flipping through the smk catalogue :)

I remember a guy called Simon at tech brigade buying a western arms U. N. C. L. E p38

5 minutes ago, THE CHIEF said:

Western arms para ordinance and infinity's used to rule the roost. Guided V12's, gigant if you was a looney. Maruzen MP5K's that would blow apart any time. Always wanted a maruzen tech9. Missed out. I used to spend ages flipping through the smk catalogue :)

I remember a guy called Simon at tech brigade buying a western arms U. N. C. L. E p38

the gigant ! Lol !! 

DCBED62D-DDEA-426C-8663-01C87DA6BECB.jpeg.79477afa7c3b720cfee033d1fbdcf8e6.jpeg

this was peak performance ! 

8 hours ago, THE CHIEF said:

Maruzen MP5K's that would blow apart any time. 

Still have the early version M11 cqb2. Backend is taped up but it still goes.

• Supporters
On 29/06/2022 at 08:39, Cannonfodder said:

I'm feeling like I'm the only one who didn't get into airsoft because of a film.

Don’t worry mate I got in to it because I thought I was going paintballing ! 😳

I got into it because I was watching the lad have a wail of a time when I took him for a day, that I did a half day rental for the rest of the day, now its become a father/son thing.....    Problem is I have adult money to buy my toys and he has to rely on windfalls of cash here and there for relatives. 😁

• Supporters
54 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

I got into it because I was watching the lad have a wail of a time when I took him for a day, that I did a half day rental for the rest of the day, now its become a father/son thing.....    Problem is I have adult money to buy my toys and he has to rely on windfalls of cash here and there for relatives. 😁

I think the only "problem" here is having a kid be jealous of his dad's toys! I call it a life lesson but there you go.

Will find out in half an hour when he gets back from school - unless of course he's reading this - because I know his user name on this forum LOL.    

Boy - you're not that clever!!!!

🤣

To be fair to him he has been spending a lot of time lately planning ways to make himself money.  The current, genuinely good idea, is upcycling.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Problem is I have adult money to buy my toys and he has to rely on windfalls of cash here and there for relatives. 😁

Take him to the nearest shop you can find and tell him he can have whatever he wants , once’s he’s finished taking everything to the counter asking him how he’s going to pay for it ? When he looks at you all confused tell him “that’s the reality of life son , sometimes you can’t have what you want unless you can pay for it yourself !” Then elbow him out of the way and buy yourself something REALLY EXPENSIVE ! Be a valuable life lesson for him ? 😈😈😈😈

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Take him to the nearest shop you can find and tell him he can have whatever he wants , once’s he’s finished taking everything to the counter asking him how he’s going to pay for it ? When he looks at you all confused tell him “that’s the reality of life son , sometimes you can’t have what you want unless you can pay for it yourself !” Then elbow him out of the way and buy yourself something REALLY EXPENSIVE ! Be a valuable life lesson for him ? 😈😈😈😈

Harsh.

But fair!

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

His words were "its not fair you have a job that pays money.  Why can't I get a job?" 

LOL.  Poor fella. 

He didn't know I was in my office from 8:30 Monday morning to 3am Tuesday morning getting the end of year accounts ready for the accountant. Hence I treated myself this week. 

7 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Don’t worry mate I got in to it because I thought I was going paintballing ! 😳

Phew. That was a close shave then. 😂

7 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

His words were "its not fair you have a job that pays money.  Why can't I get a job?" 

LOL.  Poor fella. 

He didn't know I was in my office from 8:30 Monday morning to 3am Tuesday morning getting the end of year accounts ready for the accountant. Hence I treated myself this week. 

Yeah likely story. That ones been done to death.

You gotta come up with something more believable 😂😂

Regards 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.