Airsoft on Tv

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well not really.

Just been watching 'Can't Pay we will take it away'  (daytime TV is so awful).

Anyway, some bailifs turned up at some guys house to remove stuff for an unpaid debt. During a search of his garage they made a shocking discovery of a few handguns and an M4.

The police were called but the officer was pretty quick to identify that they were airsoft guns.

The guns had the tell tail signs that they were airsoft guns, the M4 high cap mag winder, but it goes to show for the general public they look very real.

30 minutes ago, osteoshot said:

“Shocking discovery” that was in no way exaggerated to make better tv. 

The bailif was so shocked that he picked up what he thought were real fire arms and got his finger prints all over them.

34 minutes ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

The bailif was so shocked that he picked up what he thought were real fire arms and got his finger prints all over them.

I believe that I’ve seen that episode before.

It’s nothing in comparison to the police officer who entered my friends fathers flat when alerted by neighbours.

He had died of a heart attack sat on his chair.

The policeman found a revolver and was watched by neighbours as he carried it by the barrel with his fingertips.

He failed to observe:

that the revolver was in a western belt & holster, but there were two holsters - one of which was empty

that a blood stained divers knife was hanging beside it

that a rifle was leant on the wall beside the door

..... and if he was concerned about the firearm he failed to ensure the flat was secured to enable a search to find the remaining multiple rifles, pistols and knives around the flat, nor did he notify the firearms team.

(He also allowed the letting agent go through filing cabinets and failed to contact her as NOK for a number of hours despite all the neighbours naming her)

The revolver was a blank firing pistol, the remainder were air rifles and airguns.

Her father was an old school ‘adventurer’ and film maker.
The ‘missing’ revolver was later confirmed by his brother as having been sold in the past

She didn’t tell me until after she collected the revolver that the police officer had mentioned that he had also taken ‘live ammunition’.  He asked her why she wanted the pistol (none of your business, but as his executor it’s one of his assets / part of his property) and whether she wanted the ‘live ammunition’.  

She declined the ammunition and let it go for disposal - whereas the right response would have been to ask what ‘live ammunition’ had been found.  There should only have been blank ammunition and air gun pellets.  If there was live ammunition then what was it for, and what unknown unlicensed firearms had disappeared from the insecure flat ?

(Or did the officer have no idea what he was handling? ..... particularly as the revolver was kept in his drawer until she collected it)

She did raise many queries with the station about standard procedures when finding bodies and firearms...... the officer was subject to ‘re-education’

2 hours ago, osteoshot said:

“Shocking discovery” that was in no way exaggerated to make better tv. 

I can basically guarantee you that they were either planted or they found them, worked out what they were then shot the "discovery" and then staged the police response

19 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I can basically guarantee you that they were either planted or they found them, worked out what they were then shot the "discovery" and then staged the police response

lol probably so

Having previously been a journalist, I can say that TV and news will always do this. They won't say "they found some toy guns" because it isn't catchy. News is all about sensationalising everything, so if they find airsoft guns it's going to be "they found a large collection of assorted firearms, including handguns and an AR-15"

There's a reason I chose a different career path in the end.

Sensationalism sells and unfortunately the masses eat it up like lambs to the slaughter.

• Supporters
On 08/07/2020 at 20:49, FreeFrag.UK said:

Sensationalism sells and unfortunately the masses eat it up like lambs to the slaughter.

To the point of rewarding the programme with free publicity.

Aaah, it's good to be back.

• 1 month later...

Total clickbait for the TV show.

But also the public is mostly annoyingly fucking stupid. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.