Vfc Scar H V2.5 Gearbox Conversion

PopRocket123

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've recently seen that it's possible to modify a VFC SCAR H to fit a v2.5 gearbox for a DMR build. Is the extra cylinder volume worth the work and does anyone know where to get a complete gearbox, preferably with a quick change spring?

38lgsx3k2if31.jpg

15 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i wouldn't bother, if you're running into volume issues then just run a shorter barrel.

It's not just about volume. I've been told the VFC shell isn't up to high FPS builds and I was also hoping to get a shell with a quick change spring so I could have a true quick change system as my 3 local sites have 3 different FPS limits, including one that allows 500fps AEGs with a digital delay. 

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

It's not just about volume. I've been told the VFC shell isn't up to high FPS builds and I was also hoping to get a shell with a quick change spring so I could have a true quick change system as my 3 local sites have 3 different FPS limits, including one that allows 500fps AEGs with a digital delay. 

if it's just a standard v2 then i'd still just get a better quality standard box.

the problem with "quick change" in springs is unless the functionality to swap them out is built into the gun (ie systema's/scorpion evo's etc) then you still have to go through the rigmarole of pulling the box out to swap the spring which gets real old real fast, especially so on V2 boxes where you have to pull the motor baseplate, the motor, the grip, the various pins, the stock screw and the upper receiver every.... goddamn.... time.....

is it bad that my soul is so far gone i feel compelled to point out literally all of these problems (standard box size, running high fps, digital trigger delay and adjustable fps) are easily done on an hpa system :P

7 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

if it's just a standard v2 then i'd still just get a better quality standard box.

the problem with "quick change" in springs is unless the functionality to swap them out is built into the gun (ie systema's/scorpion evo's etc) then you still have to go through the rigmarole of pulling the box out to swap the spring which gets real old real fast, especially so on V2 boxes where you have to pull the motor baseplate, the motor, the grip, the various pins, the stock screw and the upper receiver every.... goddamn.... time.....

is it bad that my soul is so far gone i feel compelled to point out literally all of these problems (standard box size, running high fps, digital trigger delay and adjustable fps) are easily done on an hpa system :P

That's the beauty of doing this on a SCAR. You can literally just take off the lower and you have full access to the back of the gearbox. You can't really do this in its stock configuration though as it has a mounting point in the way. 

And yes your soul has been lost forever to the chaos prince of HPA

IMG_20200618_013816.jpg

• Supporters

Fair enough, not too bad to swap springs out then.

That does solve a lot of the problems, i'd set her up with a nice v2 qd box and change the barrel to suit the volume.

15 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Fair enough, not too bad to swap springs out then.

That does solve a lot of the problems, i'd set her up with a nice v2 qd box and change the barrel to suit the volume.

Do you think it'd be a problem getting rid of the rear mounting screw? And would the V2 still perform as well at 500fps?

• Supporters
1 hour ago, PopRocket123 said:

Do you think it'd be a problem getting rid of the rear mounting screw? And would the V2 still perform as well at 500fps?

Depends how the rest of the mountings are, usually its pretty important for proper box placement/nozzle alignment.

Best case your gonna have to pull the mount every time. Which still isnt as bad as a lot of guns.

Ok thanks. That rear mount is going to be modified anyway in order to run the wires from a gate titan through the back

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.