Is My Gun Working Properly?

Big_smoke

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello guys , i am new this all thing .

I was interesting in buying a gun for a long time , so today i went to the store to buy a gun.

The rifles was too expensive for me so i bought a pistol (Glock 19) , and my friend bought one as well.

When we came home and ready to play i noticed that my glock shoots 3-5 bullets and then ran out of gas.

I paid 850$ for this , and i can't even shoot a magazine without filling the gas 10 times?

Is this gun working properly? What should i do? I want to play with my friend without filling the gas every 5 bullets 😔

How did you manage to spend $850 on a pistol? You could get a rifle and a pistol for that!

You could get 2 rifles and a pistol for that, I'm assuming wrong currency denoted??

Do you have any pictures of the box it came in so we can help?

TBH you should go back to the shop (wagon passing through town?? 👀) if its brand new and not functioning, because if you mess with it and it's faulty you will not get your money back.

It would make sense if it was Hong Kong dollars which would put it at around £85.  Beyond that - you have been ripped off fella.

Are you filling it right? The mag should be as vertical as possible with valve facing up. It will take several seconds to fill and unless you are playing in extreme cold a Glock mag should be able to empty twice at least. If you are doing this and still having issues take it back it's broken. Like everyone else I really hope thats not USA dollars.

As others have said, pics and vids of what you have and what the problem is are the only real way of getting assistance. Start with removing the slide (make sure the mag is out first), check everything is sufficiently lubricated (if you pull the nozzle forward slightly it should spring back too). Empty the mag of gas and post a vid of you filling it up - give the gas a shake first then hold everything vertically. Also what's the temperature where you are? 

Hey guys , thank you for helping me.

I don't live in the US , and yes it was 850 US dollars for glock 19 , red gas , some BB's.

The gun was NOT BRAND NEW , this store let people shoot it it's range with those pistols, so i don't know what happend to this pistol before.

My country is expensive so rifles was minimum 1,100$+.

14 minutes ago, Big_smoke said:

I don't live in the US , and yes it was 850 US dollars for glock 19 , red gas , some BB's.

The gun was NOT BRAND NEW , this store let people shoot it it's range with those pistols, so i don't know what happend to this pistol before.

My country is expensive so rifles was minimum 1,100$+.

Sorry but something doesn't sound right, $850 for a secondhand G19...are you sure that's the going rate and the retailer hasn't just ripped you off?

Quite honestly I would take it back, even if it worked perfectly I wouldn't bother owning one at that price.

Trolling? ,  I had to double take to see if you had bought a real Glock 19 as that would make the money you paid sound more reasonable!

If not trolling take it back for a refund. You've paid way to much US dollars.

44 minutes ago, Tec-Spek said:

Trolling? ,  I had to double take to see if you had bought a real Glock 19 as that would make the money you paid sound more reasonable!

If not trolling take it back for a refund. You've paid way to much US dollars.

A real Glock be about $200 cheaper

12 minutes ago, BigStew said:

It's true , but i live in a country where you can't buy a real glock or any other gun.

And sorry for the calculations guys , it was about 780$ for the glock, red gas , bag of 1KG BB's , and a case which i don't even need.

It wasn't brand new, should i go back to the store and give it back?

That does sound crazy expensive but I guess it depends on the pricing in your country.  Have you done an online search to see what other prices are?

What country are you in?

You should definitely get many more shots after filling the mag so check online for a video how to properly fill a magazine with gas.

Basically you have to hold the magazine with the valve pointing UPWARDS and the gas can tip pointing DOWN.

Push them together quite hard for 5 seconds and you should hear gas moving.

Does your friends gun work better?

If that doesn't work then its faulty so take it back

If you can't answer which country you live in then I have to assume this is some really pointless trolling. Pointless as it's just a bit of a time waste rather than a wind up.

1 hour ago, BigStew said:

That's irrelevant. Always find it strange when people bring this up. We use airsoft guns as sporting equipment. Their function is completely different to "real" guns.

49 minutes ago, EDcase said:

That does sound crazy expensive but I guess it depends on the pricing in your country.  Have you done an online search to see what other prices are?

What country are you in?

You should definitely get many more shots after filling the mag so check online for a video how to properly fill a magazine with gas.

Basically you have to hold the magazine with the valve pointing UPWARDS and the gas can tip pointing DOWN.

Push them together quite hard for 5 seconds and you should hear gas moving.

Does your friends gun work better?

If that doesn't work then its faulty so take it back

THANK YOU !! now i can shoot all the magazine , at first i was pushing the magazine down to the gas .

Now i tried to fill it and push the gas down to the magazine and it is working well

Thanks 😊😊😊

5 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

If you can't answer which country you live in then I have to assume this is some really pointless trolling. Pointless as it's just a bit of a time waste rather than a wind up.

Sure , i don't know what is wrong with this forum. seriously .

I'm just completely new to this and asking a question and you all assuming i'm trolling  wasting your time....

My country is expensive, i know it. and i don't want to let people know where i live , that's it.

21 minutes ago, Big_smoke said:

THANK YOU !! now i can shoot all the magazine , at first i was pushing the magazine down to the gas .

Now i tried to fill it and push the gas down to the magazine and it is working well

Thanks 😊😊😊

Sure , i don't know what is wrong with this forum. seriously .

I'm just completely new to this and asking a question and you all assuming i'm trolling  wasting your time....

My country is expensive, i know it. and i don't want to let people know where i live , that's it.

If I'd paid that much for an airsoft gun I would expect it to come with an assistant who cleans and loads it for me! 

Obviously nothing wrong with this forum as we've helped you fix a simple issue free of charge, unlike the shop which has made $1600 from you and your friend.

However you must understand that paying that much seems far fetched and you being evasive blocks us from checking for ourselves. No one is asking for your full address......I mean unless your country is tiny and people would know you from us landing at the airport and shouting "Big Underscore Smoke! "

39 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

If I'd paid that much for an airsoft gun I would expect it to come with an assistant who cleans and loads it for me! 

Obviously nothing wrong with this forum as we've helped you fix a simple issue free of charge, unlike the shop which has made $1600 from you and your friend.

However you must understand that paying that much seems far fetched and you being evasive blocks us from checking for ourselves. No one is asking for your full address......I mean unless your country is tiny and people would know you from us landing at the airport and shouting "Big Underscore Smoke! "

Well, it's a tiny country . I guess this is the prices here .

We don't have much shops to buy airsoft guns here , i know only one.

And yea... Probably a rip off, the guy at the store knew i don't know shit about the prices of the guns so...

7 minutes ago, Big_smoke said:

Well, it's a tiny country . I guess this is the prices here .

We don't have much shops to buy airsoft guns here , i know only one.

And yea... Probably a rip off, the guy at the store knew i don't know shit about the prices of the guns so...

At the end of the day it's your money, as long as you're happy. Although I'm thinking I want to know where as I could come and open a shop! All the best. 

• Supporters

Ffs just tell us what country, just as your seeking knowledge as to the technical side to gbb's, we like to be knowledgeable on airsoft in other places, such as the laws applied in particular countries etc, which can come in handy when we're discussing our own half arsed laws on rif ownership.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Big_smoke said:

whilst we can understand the desire to remain anonymous, can you at least confirm if your original quote of $850 is in USD? or if not convert it into an equivalent (this is a uk forum so GBP would make the most sense) so we can get an assessment of just how much you've really paid?

continuing on the assumption that we are talking USD i'll echo the others in how ridiculously overpriced that is, you may wish to consider importing (depending on the legalities of doing so in your country)

regardless of how much or how little you've actually paid though, unless you live at the south pole you should be getting more than 5 rounds from a fresh fill of any gbb pistol.

filling technique can depend on the brand but as a very rough and ready guide:

hold the can upside down when filling.

if it doesn't spray gas out from the valve while it's filling then fill until you can't hear the gas moving any more (usually sub 10s unless it's a big mag)

if it does spray gas out of the valve whilst filling then keep filling until it sprays liquid droplets out, you'll know when it does.

as the gun is used then there could be any number of issues with it, and it'd be almost impossible to tell without physically having the gun to look at what's actually wrong.

the simplest answer to all of this, and what i'd do if it were me, is take the gun back for a refund, then figure out what i'm allowed to do in terms of importing airsoft stuff, and then buy from abroad (where the best place to buy is going to be related to where in the world you are)

1 hour ago, Big_smoke said:

This is why its really important to do at least a little bit of research before spending your money.

ESPECIALLY if you don't have much to spend.

I sometimes see things at ridiculous prices on ebay and think to myself, "who the hell would buy that?!?!?!"

Now I know 😄

Of course if you're happy, that's what counts...

• Head Moderator

@Big_smoke Having a quick look at prices, I can see that they are expensive compared to the UK. Average was about £500 for an Evike Glock 19x with custom Cerakote paint.

• 4 weeks later...

@Big_smoke

The reason everyone’s asking what country you’re in isn’t so we can somehow magically figure out from that tiny piece of info where you live and then all turn up at your house for an all night rave equipped with enough beer to drown a small horse and a pick up truck full of crack whores.

As fun as that sounds (to me anyway) the people here just want to help you figure out -

a) Have you been ripped off (likely)

and

b) Would you be better off importing one in (also likely) so you can afford a way sweeter gun for probably a shit ton less money

To do this the country in question would help immensely.......

Being secretive does kind of make you look like a troll - even if you aren’t.

Help the community to help you mate, it won’t kill you! 

😀

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.