Umarex / Vfc Glock 19X

AngryDad223

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all, searched for some info on this but couldn’t find much.

does anyone have one? I’m tempted to buy the CO2 version but as spare mags seem impossible to find I was planning on buying some GG mags. Will it work okay with standard gas mags? From all I can tell there is some reinforcements to the frame but no mention of heavier springs etc 

Thanks 

There are two different version, both are terrible.

There is a half blow back CO2 version, which is truly terrible, bespoken mags, awful range, zero compatibility with anything else, deffo can’t put gg mags in it.

The full blow back version, whilst listed as CO2, will lunch itself quickly on it

Honestly, I liked the half blowback version. Though, it has no hop so the bbs start dropping at 20m. Plus, the trigger is longer and harder to press than most pistols. I know people who have the full blowback version and they like it a lot honestly. Gas efficiency is apparently amazing. No idea if it will destroy itself on co2 though. 

Thanks Frizzle, I’m all honesty I haven’t seen much of the half blowback version I’ve only been looking at the full one. 

ive used KWC 1911’s for ever now and want to keep that reliability of CO2 but have the option to run GG mags when the weather permits. The GG version though does seem to have amazing efficiency which might even negate the need for co2 if it works well even when it’s cold out

5 hours ago, AngryDad223 said:

Thanks Frizzle, I’m all honesty I haven’t seen much of the half blowback version I’ve only been looking at the full one. 

ive used KWC 1911’s for ever now and want to keep that reliability of CO2 but have the option to run GG mags when the weather permits. The GG version though does seem to have amazing efficiency which might even negate the need for co2 if it works well even when it’s cold out

Na the kwc only has co2 mags. You can get a tool which can adjust the fps for it: https://uk.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_GBB_Air_Nozzle_Airsoft_Surgeon_Adjustable_FPS_Enhanced_Nozzle_Set_for_RWA_KWC_Cybergun_Elite_Force_Co2_1911.htm

KJW and TM 1911s do have green mag mags available, although they just suck no matter you do to them because they are stick thin and don't hold much gas. The other option if you really want to use green gas is CZ series. SP01 or SP01 ACCU are great options. Though, these guns are on the heavier side compared to the g19x. I chose the original CZ75 because the slide is lighter (110g vs 140g~ on sp01) and the gun is overall less bulky. It is by far my favourite pistol for performance for all weather due to the super snappy slide on co2.

Back when I first got it: 

I've got the 19 from them and it's been good to me so far. Like most VFCs it's great to look at and feels well made, bar the weight. Without the mag it feels proper light and even with the mag inserted the gun is lighter than most. That's about the only gripe with it so far. 

3 hours ago, Splodge said:

I've got the 19 from them and it's been good to me so far. Like most VFCs it's great to look at and feels well made, bar the weight. Without the mag it feels proper light and even with the mag inserted the gun is lighter than most. That's about the only gripe with it so far. 

how does it fair in the cold? 

never handled a VFC so it would be my first experience as such. 

though I had my wires crossed it seems the 19X co2 version isn’t by VFC so I’d be looking at the GG version....

thanks 

21 minutes ago, AngryDad223 said:

how does it fair in the cold? 

never handled a VFC so it would be my first experience as such. 

though I had my wires crossed it seems the 19X co2 version isn’t by VFC so I’d be looking at the GG version....

thanks 

I haven't used it in extreme cold. In my opinion, if you want the best performing gun ootb get a TM. I personally love the official trades and build quality and shooting alright is a bonus. It's not gonna blow you away in the cold but it will be usable. 

Edit: when I said shooting "alright", I was comparing it a TM. Range and Accuracy is pretty impressive, just slightly less snappy than a TM (Which is to be expected with TMs plastic slide)

I'm also very happy with the 19X (GG version), it's a beauty and is very gas effectient, accurate and snappy out of the box. I don't see any need for upgrades.

I haven't tried it in cold weather yet, but

looking at how well it performs in normal temps, I expect it to work well enough in the cold.

Spare parts could be tricky to get, I searched high and low for an extra slide (to try and cut an RMR slot into it), but found no source for parts.. VFC directed me to Umarex, and Umarex does what it always does: ignoring customers.

The store I got it from also noted there are no spares for it ("New slide? Better buy a new complete one" ;D).

For some extra info:

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.