Ares Amoeba V2 Gear Box Problem.

ThisKillaDT

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I have had this work horse for a few years well since 2015 I think, only used as a back up if my Tm 416 or scar went down.

any how my youngest wanted to come to airsoft, so I did the pre game checks the night before. Fully working, only use 7.4v lipo in it, the same one I have all it’s life, the one petrol base sold me.

so on game day it doesn’t work, check the battery wires for a break in them as it’s front wired but it’s solid to the ares mosfet. 
check the motor wires same thing perfect, so I get another motor and still nothing.

so I strip the gun and have a look at the gearbox, to see this.

the resistor or whatever it is has broken. 

anyone have any experience in this? It’s bizarre as the gearbox moves freely and when I use another switch and the motor turns the gear box.

the mosfet is £44 to buy new. 

I am lost for words right now.

550EB803-2907-4208-9175-BC88FC3482EC.jpeg

01FE5DCF-BB66-499E-836E-4679CD63C83C.jpeg

I'd get new bushings as well, yours are done for. Get some bearings.

And yes, new FCU. Because Ares and their shit QC.

What a pain in the Ares..and £44 for one of their crappy fets.  The gearbox looks to have the same dimensions as the ZCI spare I have sitting here with me but mine uses the older micro switch, at least you can replace them for £2.  Not sure if a TM spec shell will work.  If you need a video of the replacement I have here let me know.

IMG_20200705_151540.jpg

• Supporters

https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/ares-airsoft-efcs-001-electronic-fire-control-mosfet-m-series-front-wired-19740-p.asp

might need one of these...

https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/ares-amoeba-electronic-gearbox-programmer-efcs-34645-p.asp

but wtf did you do to it ???

did you drop it (down a waste disposal unit) ???

lot of money for a few bells & whistles - I'd consider to go old school with something less bespoke inside/outside

basic mosfet or warfet or something

I'm pretty sure other brands boxes need some filing here and there to fit inside an Ares body.

The P* Fusion Engine (and its Valken clone) surely does.

The cheaper option, all things considered, is to just buy another FCU.

Or, if you have a skilled friend, you could try to replace the thing that broke.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.