Gun Case Foam Inserts

Liam1992

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

So, I've a solid metal case which I acquired a few years back (see photo's) and I'm wanting to create some foam inserts so I've got a safe place to secure my modest selection (M4 GBBR and WE Glock 17) plus magazines (4 X 5.56 & 3 X G17).

There is some foam already in there which I will remove, leaving just the foam that actually lines the box.

Does anyone have any experience in a DIY foam cutout for something like this?

I'm not overly concerned about it looking uber professional, just secure and organised.

Essentially my questions are; what foam, and what tool for cutting it with? And any other snippets of info are appreciated!

I am thinking the weapons themselves in the bottom portion, and a second layer in the upper segment for magazines, but need to work through the idea a little more thoroughly first!

IMG_20200704_171459_5.jpg

IMG_20200704_171506_9.jpg

IMG_20200704_171656_7.jpg

Additional thinking on a revised layout...

Sight removed gives a little more space!

received_577763202886721.jpeg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.