In Need of Help - Importing a Gun Stock

Matthew60

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

does anyone know if UK customs can seize an airsoft stock if its not two toned?
i want to buy a real wood stock for my PPSH however i don't have a UKARA membership , this is making me hesitant to order one because i don't know if it will be seized by customs
 any knowledge on this topic would be greatly appreciated

1 hour ago, E21A said:

AFAIK parts aren’t a problem. I’ve imported loads of gun shaped parts and never had an issue

It depends on how many parts and what parts. Stuff has been stopped. Customs can stop anything. What defence do you have? Noting that on your parcel  maybe enough. An addum only customs can give you a correct answer all we can give you is passed experience which is just maybe.

A stock would be legal to import.

But it can come to someone’s attention.

There is at least one member of the forum who has been visited by the police due to importing parts.  No real problems occurred - just establishing what they were up to.

As a non UKARA member you just wouldn’t have that extra bit of documentation to illustrate why you are doing so.

As for modifying with a new stock, if you reduce the bright coverage of an IF to 50% or below then you are modifying an IF into a RIF.

Whether that is legal or not can depend - if you do so with the intent to use a RIF at an insured skirmish venue then you are meeting the intent of the law

On 03/07/2020 at 06:06, Matthew60 said:

does anyone know if UK customs can seize an airsoft stock if its not two toned?
i want to buy a real wood stock for my PPSH however i don't have a UKARA membership , this is making me hesitant to order one because i don't know if it will be seized by customs
 any knowledge on this topic would be greatly appreciated

Should be totally fine, you just have to put up with the impost fees and Royal Mail handling charge / tax 😞

The only parts which are illegal to import from real steel guns are the gas pressure bearing parts, anything else is fair game.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.