Kicking Mustang, SO Whats the Story?

Groot

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Recent video from HRH the tactic is to go and spawn camp them which he does successfully.

Next weeks video will be shooting fish in a barrel.

The chap who caught one into the Netherregions reaction was both truthful and funny though.

• Supporters
On 09/07/2020 at 15:01, FreeFrag.UK said:

@Dogsbody100 - That channel would be scoutthedoggie

On balance, I agree that he's a decent bloke who mostly shows woodland airsoft as it is - a bunch of sweaty blokes winding up hi-caps and randomly spaffing hundreds of BBs into trees and bushes while shouting "MOVE UP! MOVE UP!", then getting randomly spaffed themselves after they MOVE UP three steps too far through the mud. ;)

6 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

On balance, I agree that he's a decent bloke who mostly shows woodland airsoft as it is - a bunch of sweaty blokes winding up hi-caps and randomly spaffing hundreds of BBs into trees and bushes while shouting "MOVE UP! MOVE UP!", then getting randomly spaffed themselves after they MOVE UP three steps too far through the mud. ;)

Isn't it the beauty of airsoft? Just having a blast slinging plastic pellets with your friends? :D

Scout is who got me interested in airsoft 11+ years ago. Kept watching his videos over and over again. I'd take one of his videos over the whole KM/Nov collection any day if my life.

2 hours ago, Steveocee said:

HRH

Who the fuck is that?

18 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

I'm pretty sure Scout used editing as well. I could never be arsed to check - maybe I should do, considering I'm accusing him - but I swear I've heard very distinct "hit!" samples used over multiple videos, normally whenever he's following Daedalus or whoever the celeb of the week is.

That is true, he does add a "hit" voiceover sometimes, but that is the kind of editing that only adds immersion to the video, rather than a bunch of randomly placed hit markers as if it was CoD or BF. In some videos, for example, you can clearly see footage from 2 different games (or days) mixed together when he switches to the other team, for example team blue has an overcast background but team red has a clear, blue sky and the sun rays are clearly visible.. Doesn't bother as it's a nice effect that is still enjoyable to watch to me. Also when he wants to give information he just puts some text instead of going "my elite delta SAS berets sniper team is tasked with saving the world of pewsoft from the evil virtue signaling madman and restore the honour system by shooting people who are way within my MED"..

TL;DR yes he edits and adds effects, but he's good at it.

3 hours ago, Steveocee said:

The chap who caught one into the Netherregions reaction was both truthful and funny though.

I do find it a bit of a dick-move (while we're talking about netherregions anyway) to laugh and not say anything,
least you could do is say sorry

• Supporters
58 minutes ago, Smiling-Dutchman said:

I do find it a bit of a dick-move (while we're talking about netherregions anyway) to laugh and not say anything,
least you could do is say sorry

but that would ruin their leet sniper stealth position....

• Supporters
4 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

I'm pretty sure Scout used editing as well. I could never be arsed to check - maybe I should do, considering I'm accusing him - but I swear I've heard very distinct "hit!" samples used over multiple videos, normally whenever he's following Daedalus or whoever the celeb of the week is.

Yes, some careful editing and some direction for dramatic effect.  I stress the "some", and re-iterate the "on balance" earlier.

16 hours ago, Skara said:

TL;DR yes he edits and adds effects, but he's good at it.

That's good to get confirmation, and honestly a shame for me. I can appreciate using editing for good effect but at the same time the "magic" which partly drew me into airsoft in the first place (seeing those players get so many sick kills) is gone. I'd much prefer someone who uploads stuff that actually happened, but tbh - Scout's schtick has always been focused on following players, not the fight, so I suppose it would get a bit boring otherwise. 

On 09/07/2020 at 15:01, FreeFrag.UK said:

@Dogsbody100 - That channel would be scoutthedoggie

Having watched a few of these, definitely nice and honest, however  - do Scot's only have access to high caps? 😂

I mean, damn there must be some plastic in those woods! Hope they're on Bio's!

18 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Having watched a few of these, definitely nice and honest, however  - do Scot's only have access to high caps? 😂

I mean, damn there must be some plastic in those woods! Hope they're on Bio's!

Tbh it makes sense to use high caps and a lot of full auto in the woods.

It's not cqb where you shoot at people 5/10 metres away with a clean line of sight, in the woods there are branches, leaves, sticks, vegetation to go through, wind to take into account.

Plus the distances are much longer, so having multiple bbs going the same way ensures a higher chance of hitting what you're shooting at.

This whole "LeArN 2 EiM" bullshit may apply to real steel target shooting or, as mentioned above, cqb, but since we're all slinging tiny featherweight plastic balls out of modernized, low powered muskets, full auto is the way to go.

Also it's less stuff to carry. One full high cap weighs much less than 3 midcaps and takes less space ;)

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Skara said:

Tbh it makes sense to use high caps and a lot of full auto in the woods

Especially at Section 8 where Scout mostly films.  It's fairly flat with sparse trees and little ground cover.  Heck, I'm surprised you don't see more folk just lobbing hi-caps full of BBs downrange.

3 hours ago, Skara said:

Tbh it makes sense to use high caps and a lot of full auto in the woods.

This.

I had a million (slight exaggeration) Mid-caps in pouches on various plate carrier, chest and belt rig setups. Fine for semi-only CQB, but the fun wore off quickly playing woodlands when the merest twig or leaf would ruin things.

I now just roll with a couple of Hi-Caps, one in the gun, the other in a dump pouch and a bag of BB's in my pocket like a proper rental punter.

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

Oh dear hicap'ers 🙈

I'm thinking of taking a step beyond Hi-Caps. 2000-3000rd Electric Box mag on my AK. Just for giggles. Reloading is for chumps.

I can feel the hate already from the Low/Mid-Cap master race...😜

• Supporters

I've got lo's/mid's on all my platforms, but unless I know everyone else is using them, such as a milsim or themed game, I'll just carry 3 or 4 hicaps, makes sense when it comes to carrying capacity, espas I tend to go with minimal/lightweight loadouts nowadays.

plus in my defense, 99.9% of the time I'll only use semi shot, so a couple of hicaps can last me all day.

but I hate the usual hosefests at some sites.

I get the logic, but luckily i seem to have avoided hose session events.

Dont get me wrong in woodland you do need a 'burst' to allow for 'the law of averages/leaves', but constant firing clearly doesnt imply to me good accuracy/combat skill/timing 🤔

I cannot stand the maracca's or the constant winding! Plus i love a tactical reload its half the fun!

Rather carry BBs and a speed loader out back then if i run out i can reload all mags and crack on 😁

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

I get the logic, but luckily i seem to have avoided hose session events.

Dont get me wrong in woodland you do need a 'burst' to allow for 'the law of averages/leaves', but constant firing clearly doesnt imply to me good accuracy/combat skill/timing 🤔

I cannot stand the maracca's or the constant winding! Plus i love a tactical reload its half the fun!

Rather carry BBs and a speed loader out back then if i run out i can reload all mags and crack on 😁

same, i play almost exclusively woodland and you can manage with semi pretty well most of the time.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Yeh it's just when that one player is stopping your progress due to him being in some thicket or like, then a burst is golden.

i just spam the bush on semi until i hear a hit call.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.