Kicking Mustang, SO Whats the Story?

Groot

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

9 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I dont mind dutch's stuff, sure theres a bit of clickbait but nowhere near on the level some do and mostly his play seems decent.

For me it's Swampsniper and his RP event videos

26 minutes ago, Impulse said:

For me it's Swampsniper and his RP event videos

Swamp produced a good variety of videos, especially his event focused content. His site definitely looks as though it would be one hell of a site to visit.

To be honest (and I know I've said elsewhere) Scout produces the best content in terms of showing airsoft for what can realistically be expected, at least in my opinion.

The main issues concerning many of the high profile YouTube crowd are down to their click bait approach which is understandable to a degree given how YouTube and social media prosper, however, this doesn't make it any less forgivable. The other issue is that many of them conduct themselves or show airsoft in such a poor light that it is potentially damaging the hobby and I'm sure that it has been in some cases, particularly for younger demographics seeking to try the hobby but requiring parental consent/support.

As highlighted elsewhere in this thread, whether or not these people like it (or realise it), they are ambassadors for the hobby/sport and their choice of how they show the hobby does have an effect on it.

When it comes to KM others have provided a good outline of why he is so disliked. To echo it once more it simply falls down to his portrayal of the hobby of the and the way he conducts himself on (and off) the field, at least based on his YouTube persona. His contributions in terms of merchandise have arguably been far better than Novritsch (sorry about the profanity lads), who is essentially nothing more than a snake oil salesman.

I am quite partial to some AirsoftCamMan. He plays pretty fair and his content is slightly less clickbaity. 

Having met KM a couple of times, approachable guy off the field, a real B*****d on the field/Youtube. 

I have played against KM on only one occasion and its probably the only time i have ever been given a headshot by a sniper whilst easily within M.E.D. Knowing the site well enough and having played there for years you get the just of the various distances involved.

As for AIrsoftCamMan. He also attends my local site fairly frequently and i can honestly say he is one of the most helpful players you could encounter and one of the nicer guys too. Playwise he doesn't come in with the ' im a celebrity and we are playing this' attitude. He just blends into the group and plays fairly and honorably. Never had an issue playing against or with him.

Also play with Killfisher. But he doesn't play as often. But he is always good for a laugh. Sane goes for AirsoftEd

Guest Tommycupra
On 02/07/2020 at 15:50, Tackle said:

Unfortunately I think it's true, the last 5+ years I've noticed a serious decline in the attitudes of SOME players on SOME sites, often means I'll come away with the hump & not go back, & the sites have got to shoulder some of the blame for not clamping down on overly aggressive or antisocial behaviour.

YouTube has got a lot to answer for.

I'm a massive fan of banning cameras from airsoft sites for this exact reason, seems like every Tom, Dick and Harry has one, and is more interested in filming for twattube then playing the game. 

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Tommycupra said:

I'm a massive fan of banning cameras from airsoft sites for this exact reason, seems like every Tom, Dick and Harry has one, and is more interested in filming for twattube then playing the game. 

did have a run in with one of them types, they don't like having to change position as it's harder to edit into a cohesive killstreak. so their solution is to just never call anything.

or the other fun one is when they quote a rule that isn't actually in force at the site they're playing at.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

On the subject of YouTube Airsofters, I really like CamMan, I'd like to meet him. He seems down to earth and nice and his videos are good and show honest play (actually showing when he gets hot, which is a rarity for these famous types)

Bodgeups is cool too. Great sniper and good bloke - I've chatted to him lots of Facebook but never met.

56 minutes ago, Tommycupra said:

With the exception of this couple of guys this. I had to pull up a guy for repeatedly  going after a group of hires in a domination game because he "wanted to get the footage for views"  wasn't enough to put him out the game by the rules but if i had had my way i would have banned him from the site

both nice guys. km is too. I think some of it there's been people have had their personal issues with him an because of that profile it's been exacerbated and people take sides. The fact its being discussed by us now is just paying into it. I've been dragged into it before and personally he's always been supportive and not done anything wrong by me so I wont get in to other peoples grievances. I'm not a great watcher of AS game vids full stop. There is an element of being promised the greatest giraffe joke in the world with a lot of the videos and titling. It's not really my thing its like the AS's equivalent of a gossip magazine.  

I don't like his style his videos or him, I have met him a couple of times and he comes across as an undereducated c*nt.  But the main thing I object to is his editing of his videos which he stitches together from footage across the day - he was at my local site before COVID hit and I know for a fact he edited him shooting from 2 places that are roughly 400m apart.  Its all bollocks.  YT Airsofters are the worst kind of people.

16 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

YT Airsofters are the worst kind of people.

There are so many people vying for attention on YouTube and social media sites, they feel the need to do something to stand out. If it's not virtue signalling or click baiting, it's just straight up trolling. I used to get wound up by it but now I just try to avoid it altogether. 

20 hours ago, L3wisD said:

On the subject of YouTube Airsofters, I really like CamMan, I'd like to meet him. He seems down to earth and nice and his videos are good and show honest play (actually showing when he gets hot, which is a rarity for these famous types)

Bodgeups is cool too. Great sniper and good bloke - I've chatted to him lots of Facebook but never met.

Lewis he genuinely is one of the nice guys in airsoft. Always happy to talk about gear and kit and cameras or give tips etc to help. If you get the drop on him or pull off a nice shot he will acknowledge it etc. And if he shoots you and thinks he might have caused harm he always comes to check your ok post game and apologise. 
when I shredded my atacs ix bottoms he was straight in with a tip to repair them with shoe goo. Offered loads of advice On my mk23 etc. 
if you ever play at battlestations activities, combat airsoft thetford, or combat actions games in felthorps norfolk. Then your likely to run into him at some point. 

• Supporters
57 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Ironically I bet his YT content has had even more views after this thread 🙈

Lol, I won't be watching them, although I might give CamMan a look, just so I know who we're talking about.

TBH, being the cynical old cnut I am, I don't consider anyone who's on YouTube, or reality show plebs, to be actual "celebrities", in my day (jeez that sounds old) celebrities were people who had actually achieved something, climbed Everest or lead role in a top film etc, celebrity status didn't come from how many followers you have on yt/social media etc, not actually sure what's worse though, the so-called celebrities or the plebs (no offense 😜) that enable them ?.

Personally on the few occasions I've looked at Airsoft stuff on YouTube, it's either contrived over edited bs, or unedited gameplay that's like watching paint dry, neither holds my attention for long, nor does it inspire me to go out and play.

If someone could put together a decent quality unbiased docu-drama based around one, or maybe even a series of connected games, that might be worth watching, & possibly a great advert for sites & the sport in general ?

Yes if sites had there media peeps (who if I'm honest don't ever seem to do a huge amount) video'd on foot and via drone you could get some great 3rd party coverage.

If in editing team members where highlighted with a colour code or something it'd be cool, I mean if everyone ran position locators imagine looking back at the game and seeing how close unaware players were to opposition etc!!

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Yes if sites had there media peeps (who if I'm honest don't ever seem to do a huge amount) video'd on foot and via drone you could get some great 3rd party coverage.

If in editing team members where highlighted with a colour code or something it'd be cool, I mean if everyone ran position locators imagine looking back at the game and seeing how close unaware players were to opposition etc!!

tbh i reckon it'd be kinda hard to get coherent/good looking gameplay even from the external perspective, dont reckon airsoft is much of a spectator sport.

not to mention players tend to get antsy at the idea of having a drone hovering overhead, or someone pointing a camera right at them when they're trying to be sneaky.

Oh yeh and there would be hours of loitering 🤣

Could out fit the drone with cheater sentry guns, a HPA mini gun would go nicely 😁

I began watching his stuff some months back whilst looking into airsoft as a potential hobby, I have to say it didn’t put me off at all or make me want to headshot anyone unnecessarily however I can easily see why it may compel others to think this way.

What was good (or so I thought) was his use of that cam suit, people seemed to miss him even being there and it surprised me as to how effective it seemed to be.

That is until I realised it was HIS product, the cynicism then kicked in and I now see it as all staged as a selling tool to make money.

Unusual, that! 🤔

As has been touched on here he is now seemingly fallen prey to the YouTube black hole that makes you all about getting more views and selling his suit, which people seem willing to just about sell their souls for not caring about the wider effect it has on the sport. 

Oh for a channel that’s just honest and says it how it is eh?

I've noticed that in a lot of these airsoft sniper vids, the protagonist is setup and hiding nicely, several minutes before any of the opposing team even appear. I've not played on that many different sites but that seems unusual to me. Are they allowed to head out early or are they just super-quick runners?

5 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I've noticed that in a lot of these airsoft sniper vids, the protagonist is setup and hiding nicely, several minutes before any of the opposing team even appear. I've not played on that many different sites but that seems unusual to me. Are they allowed to head out early or are they just super-quick runners?

The magic of editing.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.