Does Src Own Bulldog?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

I’m recently getting back into Airsoft after nearly 10 years away from it, and I’ve seen a few people say don’t order from JBBG website, well I did for 2 rifles, one is clearly the SRC Mamba M and the other is the “Bulldog Falcon-ZS” (they call it Z but the specs from SRC clearly make it the ZS Model) but clearly it’s SRC but they call it Bulldog, is than an import thing? 

Both guns arrive tomorrow, and I loved SRC rifles back in the day when I had my 416 (when I also had UKARA licence) thanks in advance if anyone does answer my question.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

First of all, welcome!

Stuff like this is always a bit murky, but that's definitely an SRC model yeah. I think what's happened is BB Guns have partnered with SRC to re-brand to "Bulldog" for that gun, as they're the only place in the UK that seems to be stocking them. 

That style - 9mm AR carbine - is quite popular from a speedsoft point of view. They might be angling to serve the lower end of that market.

16 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

First of all, welcome!

Stuff like this is always a bit murky, but that's definitely an SRC model yeah. I think what's happened is BB Guns have partnered with SRC to re-brand to "Bulldog" for that gun, as they're the only place in the UK that seems to be stocking them. 

That style - 9mm AR carbine - is quite popular from a speedsoft point of view. They might be angling to serve the lower end of that market.

Thanks man! 

Yeah that’s what I thought but wasn’t 100% sure.  Saw the 9MM on offer and thought sod it I’ll try it. Gen 4 gearbox, guess I’ll find out if it’s good or not. 

I wouldn't bother with SRC. They were probably alright back in the day but technology has moved on and they haven't kept up with the changes. I've owned two SRCs, an M4 and an AK and they were both pretty terrible. The quality of the externals and internals was so bad it made them almost impossible to improve without breaking them. I've not heard much better about their MP5s and G36s either. You can definitely do better for the price

Other way round, SRC have improved tremendously in quality over the last couple of years and are pretty solid builds now. full aluminium, not pot metal. 8mm bearings and double O ringed everything. Only issue with the Mamba EBB's is the total lack of a manual for them and they dont strip down as other M4's. I have 2 SRC G36 Gen 3's and a Mamba S Gen 3 EBB, amongst many rifs, all are good 

JustBB's are the UK SRC importer, they have a deal to rebrand them as their own brand Bulldog. They are the local shop to me and yes, they do cater for the 5 year old Blue gun brigade but they are actually very helpful and do have a good proper RIF selection. Don't understand some of the anti feeling for them

RC1124, did you get the correct manual with your Mamba?

10 minutes ago, MadMole said:

Other way round, SRC have improved tremendously in quality over the last couple of years and are pretty solid builds now. full aluminium, not pot metal. 8mm bearings and double O ringed everything. Only issue with the Mamba EBB's is the total lack of a manual for them and they dont strip down as other M4's. I have 2 SRC G36 Gen 3's and a Mamba S Gen 3 EBB, amongst many rifs, all are good 

JustBB's are the UK SRC importer, they have a deal to rebrand them as their own brand Bulldog. They are the local shop to me and yes, they do cater for the 5 year old Blue gun brigade but they are actually very helpful and do have a good proper RIF selection. Don't understand some of the anti feeling for them

RC1124, did you get the correct manual with your Mamba?

It arrives tomorrow mate so I’ll let you know then. 

As others have said. JBBGUNS contract SRC to rebadge existing SRC designs to bulldog. 

SRC also make the Valken AEGs. 

On 01/07/2020 at 22:10, RC1124 Sparky said:

It arrives tomorrow mate so I’ll let you know then. 

Did it come? did you get the correct manual, if so could you PM me a a copy please

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.