Wcg Shop

peter207

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just have to offer another shout to WGC Shop. Ordered on 18 July, delivered earlier today.

MWS was almost £200 cheaper than UK prices, and even with shipping of £93, its a decent saving. No additional customs charges either.

• 1 month later...

I was about to ask. I plan on ordering at theirs for the first time in 15 years. I remember that import tax being claimed 4-5 months after reception of the order.

Don't tell me that! 🤣 

I placed another order with them a few days ago for some more Guns Modify P-mags. This is my fourth order from them and so far, no charges.🤞

1 hour ago, The_Roach said:

I was about to ask. I plan on ordering at theirs for the first time in 15 years. I remember that import tax being claimed 4-5 months after reception of the order.

4/5 months seems super excessive, @C-Diddy did they use E-Express?  Parcel Force in the UK?

Generally e-Express is 40 bucks for 2kg

@ak2m4E-Express is available on orders under $1,000 HKD (approx £100) which my last one was. The rest have been UPS IIRC. 

2 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

4/5 months seems super excessive, @C-Diddy did they use E-Express?  Parcel Force in the UK?

Generally e-Express is 40 bucks for 2kg

Mind you, it was 15 years ago, in France, where civil servants have a very meridional work culture, and processes and paperwork are unduly complex. 

But it did come and it was a nasty surprise. I tend, from experience, to think that the State/the Crown never forgets about its dues and always ends up claiming them.

Edited by The_Roach

It is really anoying that they have this new policy of a £100 limit for e-express. No one else has this limit (just size and weight).

I recently ordered from them making sure it was under £100 to miss this limit and keep it under the £135 limit for goods so not import duties and VAT are charged. However they marked the shipment as a gift. This has a duty and VAT limit of £35 so I ended up paying the duties and processing fee when it was not due.

• 3 months later...

To counter the rather positive reviews above - I ordered 3 hicapa mags from them in late December. The pretty fast postage is unfortunately where the good service ends - one of the mags turned up with its fill valve missing its entire outer part - so is loose in the mag, with obviously no gas seal to speak of, and no way to tighten it. Their stock response after several emails is the same - 'we check every mag before its sent out, so you are lying'. Not great!

pro-HfLXZ4AT.jpeg

I've only progressed the paypal claim earlier this morning so not heard back yet. Worst case, i only lose out on £20 - and frankly, less if i can work out how to extract the broken valve and replace it -  so not the end of the world, but I was still rather surprised by the response!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.