Ics M4. Bin it or Perform Surgery?

Skara

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yo,

it's a-me, Skara!

Was browsing through my box o' bits the other day looking for some parts and came across my old ICS M4 lower gearbox.

At the time I was a complete idiot (still am btw) and disassembled it without any clue, losing a few bits rendering the gun completely unusable.

I kinda want to rebuild it with minimal expense, I reckon it needs a new anti reversal latch (possibly a standard V2 one as the ICS is wank and I couldn't care less about decocking it), new trigger contacts (burned the stock one wiring them to a homemade mosfet) and the most basic of basic mosfets, maybe a new hop chamber if the spare Amoeba one I have doesn't fit/seal properly.

It's not going to have a stock nor a handguard, just a barrel nut to keep the 5" barrel in place. External battery compartment (peq box) and a dot on top.

Would it be doable?

• Supporters

very much doable, how easy/low cost it'll be kinda depends on the content of your box o' bits.

maybe ask around at a game, arl's in particular are the kind of thing i find i just accumulate.

My box o' bits has mostly cosmetics stuff, a couple of pistons, cylinders and screws.

I'm gonna have to buy all the things I need, but being pretty basic I think I can get away with €50 for the whole project.

The goal is to have something worse than this.

maxresdefault.jpg

16 minutes ago, Skara said:

My box o' bits has mostly cosmetics stuff, a couple of pistons, cylinders and screws.

I'm gonna have to buy all the things I need, but being pretty basic I think I can get away with €50 for the whole project.

maxresdefault.jpg

Funnily enough I just bought those mags for my own project using an ICS gearbox😂

4 hours ago, Skara said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Bet you that thing kicks ass though. As much as we want to believe that a long barrel made by the gods with BB's polished to a mirror finish make the difference. Some nutter running around with a bag of nails usually has the most fun and gets the most kills.

4 hours ago, Skara said:

maxresdefault.jpg

I'd be quite happy to run around with that.

Great thing with ICS receivers is that you can replace the receiver stock extension with a QD receiver end cap (ICS-MA-86). I've got an ICS CXP-15K and is a very light and handy gun without a stock/buffer tube.

This gun is gonna be the one that puts a big grin on your face when you schwack someone :)

and of course silly looking.

Let's dive into the more technical side.

No mosfet atm (Can't be arsed with those single signal ones as current will still travel through the trigger).

Stock bushings or replace with bearings?

Woah wait one, those bushings are TINY! Fucking hell they're like 2 millimetres in diameter 😮

Also, the 5" outer barrel doesn't fit, it's a smidge too large for the ICS receiver and while it slots (with a bit of force) into the hole, I cannot screw the barrel nut on.

I'm already losing hope :(

• 2 weeks later...

This is what's in the lower half atm.

Already have the trigger contacts and anti reversal latch spares.

Reckon it needs some shims, new screws and maybe a cutoff lever spring (the one in there is all bent and weak af)

Wire a basic NanoHard or NanoAAB in, wires coming out of the front (split design doesn't like being rear wired without a stock) and into the worst looking fake peq ever.

Anything I'm missing?

JDLRg8L.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.