Aep Ruger Mini 14

BigStew

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Project gun I have wanted to do for years is a Ruger Mini 14. I have an old daisy Springer upper receiver heat shield and gas block, real steel 30 rd mags and a possibly real steal side folding stock. Having gone through so possible ideas AEG gear box and motor are not going to fit, kjw kc-02 would fit but the mags can't fit in a mini 14 shell, HPA would do, but I don't want a line and tank. So I have gone for AEP. I have both types of gearbox and they do fit but  the Glock gearbox set horizontally will fit in the upper receiver. Now my idea is to fit the an mp7 cylinder head fitted with a extended 3d printed nozzle to fit a M14 hop up and to re engineer the tappet plate to connect directly to the nozzle and have the gear that drives the piston pull the tappet plate rather than push. So thoughts suggestions would be appreciated.

• Supporters

i'm guessing as the v7 is a tight enough fit in a full size m14 that it's a bit chunky for the mini14.

i must admit hpa does sound like the way i'd do it, don't even need the gearbox shell just mount the engine where it's needed (i'm guessing an offset nozzle will be better for fitment), you can wire up trigger contacts wherever you want them.

avoiding the line and tank is tricky, you can get co2 adaptors that are the dimensions of an m4 buffer tube so feasable to fit if you're not running a folding stock? you'll be a bit more limited on rounds compared to a tank but depending how you plan on fielding it that might be an acceptable trade.

• Supporters

Yeah thats pretty tight, only place for gas i can see would be under the barrel.

Unless maybe if your going semi only a mk23? Im that familiar with the internals on those admittedly so not sure how amenable it would be to what your going for.

Either that or some serious modding of a gbb pistol mech?

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Yeah thats pretty tight, only place for gas i can see would be under the barrel.

Unless maybe if your going semi only a mk23? Im that familiar with the internals on those admittedly so not sure how amenable it would be to what your going for.

Either that or some serious modding of a gbb pistol mech?

I looked into that best fit would be a we pdw but would have to build s complete chassie to hold bolt and fire group not in my skill set.

• 11 months later...

hi I'm doing a similar build to this myself but not on a airsoft gun I'm doing it to a crosman 1077 177 airgun you may be able to use the same gun and just tone down the power and they shoot using a rotary mag that fits inside a false box mag so it's easy to use m16 short mags and fit to the 1077 mag or if want use m4 curved mag it's fairly easy there's a few to look at on crosman 1077 custom Web sites

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.