Chest Rig Vs Plate Carrier?

BoneyT

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

Of course you could always just stuff your mags into your pockets for the ultimate lightweight loadout...

You can indeed. For a typical skirmish day, anything beyond that is just for dress-up purposes, and doesn't "work" any better.

Except for not feeling hits.

I do like belt only setups and I have tried a few chest rigs before, the trouble with chest is on some of them you can't change the mag pouches and sometimes they suck and you need buy another chest rig.

Now I bought I decent plate carrier that light durable although not cheap (about £300 for the setup)  I prefer it over anything else I used before.

Maybe if I bought a better chest rig then I might have a different opinion.

• Supporters
15 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

I do like belt only setups and I have tried a few chest rigs before, the trouble with chest is on some of them you can't change the mag pouches and sometimes they suck and you need buy another chest rig.

Now I bought I decent plate carrier that light durable although not cheap (about £300 for the setup)  I prefer it over anything else I used before.

Maybe if I bought a better chest rig then I might have a different opinion.

There's plenty of MOLLE chest rigs out there that you can set up to your exact preference

Tactical Tailor MAV 

Fight Light MAV Body 1 Piece Black - TACTICAL TAILOR

RRV style vests

flyye_molle_rrv_vest_olive_1b_2.jpg

Or the micro style with inserts

Spiritus Systems The THING 2

All of which can be customised to your hearts content!

On 29/06/2020 at 10:21, BoneyT said:

I am new to airsoft and have been introduced to it by my son. To get me going I bought a cheap tactical vest as in the picture, but after wearing it a couple of times, I don't think it looks as good as many of the loadouts other guys are rocking. I don't see the need to be carrying around tons of unnecessary kit for the sake of looking "warry" at this stage, enough space to hold a few mags and grenades, but at the same time I want to look good. So, do I go for a chest rig or a plate carrier? And what ones would you recommend? Ideally something that will go with the MTP camo, British DPM and also for the US contractor look in the summer.Tony_MTP.thumb.jpg.cadd973ad9f0a17f3286127757b9d0c1.jpg

Cheers.

Decent Plate Carrier for Milsim feels and looks.

Decent Haley style chest rig for everything else. 

I run my plate carrier because of its real estate but I prefer to run stripped down with my chest rig. Which carries 80% of what i need and i can deal with that. 

1973400_10152431305460823_2179988446719043211_o.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.