Airsoft Habits

PopRocket123

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What's an odd habit you've picked up because of airsoft? This can be on or off the field.

For me it's holding my rifle on the bottom of the magazine between games, even though I've used mid caps for years and only occasionally use high caps. That and walking around outside of airsoft which my trigger finger sitting further forward than my other fingers.

Guessing ranges to various things while walking the dog. And then checking my range estimates by pacing it out.

Not strictly airsoft derived, I’ve been doing it forever but I’ve been increasing at airsoft ranges. 

When walking or driving past certain areas, always looking at the terrain, with strategies going through my mind! 🤔
💷GAMBLE💷

14 hours ago, rj1986 said:

Watches something on tv

- IMFDB + title of what im watching

Most recently, Gemini Man....IWI Galil ACE GAP39SB.

As mentioned above, the questions of 'how would I take/storm/defend that' (with airsoft in mind so i'm also thinking of respawn points) 'that looks likes a good sight'.

also as @DerDerr mentioned, trigger discipline on house hold items. 

My battery management has got better for my console controllers as well 

On 28/06/2020 at 22:50, Ropeyshep said:

Guessing ranges to various things while walking the dog. And then checking my range estimates by pacing it out.

Not strictly airsoft derived, I’ve been doing it forever but I’ve been increasing at airsoft ranges. 

Glad I'm not the only one to do this..!  

Not bad practice TBH, as I shoot HFT as well.

I've started with casual paintball before moving on to airsoft, so every now and then I notice myself shaking my rifle if there were no bb's coming out (in paintball this means you loossen any paintballs that are stuck in the hopper, but in airsoft, playing with hi-caps, it just means you're playing the maracas.)

19 minutes ago, Smiling-Dutchman said:

I've started with casual paintball before moving on to airsoft, so every now and then I notice myself shaking my rifle if there were no bb's coming out (in paintball this means you loossen any paintballs that are stuck in the hopper, but in airsoft, playing with hi-caps, it just means you're playing the maracas.)

At the start of a game it can also mean you’ve switched guns and got over excited by the abundance of targets in front of you, spamming your trigger finger and in seconds cant work out why it’s stopped shooting.

Courtesy of my head cam, there is footage illustrating my confusion that everything’s stopped working until I work out that I need to reload

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/06/2020 at 10:29, Adolf Hamster said:

Driving around i keep thinking "hmm that'd make a nice airsoft site"

Snap! Me too! Lol

Regards

On 06/07/2020 at 08:19, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Most recently, Gemini Man....IWI Galil ACE GAP39SB.

As mentioned above, the questions of 'how would I take/storm/defend that' (with airsoft in mind so i'm also thinking of respawn points) 'that looks likes a good sight'.

also as @DerDerr mentioned, trigger discipline on house hold items. 

My battery management has got better for my console controllers as well 

Went to see that film in the cinema (simpler times) and it was the standout from that film.

Remember craving once since seeing it for the first time in one of the Resident Evil films. 

Would love an airsoft version. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.