Forgive a Noob, Couple of Questions

Albiscuit

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have seen lots of hpa rapped mags around and wondered the following:

if I were to pick up a tapped mag let’s say for example a hi cappa. And I got a bottle, line, regulator set up. Could I use that tapped mag in my normal hi cappa and be good to go?

also would this work for any gbb

or do the guns themselves need extra/special internals?

I know Aeg’s for example need whole new insides to be hpa

No internal changes required, run the reg at about 115psi and that’s green gas equivalent with no cool down.

Obviously different mags for different types of guns, but otherwise you’re good to go 

Ooh thank you @rocketdogbert

im certainly a lot more interested in HPA now I know this. I have a couple of gbb guns so this is good news.

I have seen a deal on a tank/line/reg on discord and tempted to grab it now

• Supporters

the main problem running tapped mags is the pain in the ass it is to reload them, although i suppose if it's a large enough mag and you're happy topping it off with a speedloader then it's fine.

just dont get one of those godawful m4 mag adaptors or we'll have to disown you.

Oh those are horrendous. Why have a totally different mag welded onto the bottom of a perfectly usable one? 
Just like drum mags in pistols, looks awful and a stupid idea.

I get what you mean about the reloads though. 

Now to work out how to tap my mp7 mags :) 

2 hours ago, proffrink said:

MP7 mag taps are simple really - just look up TM mag taps and buy a few. Use a pneumatic thread sealant and replace the normal fill valves with them. Totally non-destructive modification.

legend.

I actually have 4 leaky Tm mp7 gas mags, so certainly happy to experiment on a couple.

I didn’t buy the tank set up as it sold quickly but I think I can see myself with a HPA set up, even if it’s just the one gun for now by the end of the year

@proffrink based on the same principle would this work with Tm mk23 And hi cappa mags too then?

it seems too simple, I thought HPA was some sort of witchcraft and engineering mystery  :P 

29 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

@proffrink based on the same principle would this work with Tm mk23 And hi cappa mags too then?

it seems too simple, I thought HPA was some sort of witchcraft and engineering mystery  :P 

Yup, as long as your TM MK23 Mags are already converted for Green gas, you’ll have no issues 

57 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

For hpa tapping mags it really is that simple.

The engines take a bit of tuning but tbh theyre pretty easy once you know what to do.

An engine is only needed for conveting an AEG though right?

52 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Yup, as long as your TM MK23 Mags are already converted for Green gas, you’ll have no issues 

Not yet but if im taking it apart I dont think it will be that tough..

Thanks for all the answers guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Only problem with tapping individual mags is the time to reload, you're not just swapping mag but you have to remove the line, remove the mag, new mag in, reconnect the line.

There is an appeal to using something like a Primary or Tapp adapter and sticking M4 mags in because of that to me personally.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.