Have I Made a Good Choice

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 hour ago, NewToAirsoft12 said:

Hi I’m really new to airsoft and I have no clue what I’m doing 

I have just bought one of these https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-rock-river-arms-sa-e07-edge-carbine?fv=10480

and I need to know if I made a good choice or if I should send it back I don’t want to waste my money on something that doesn’t last long 

Its the sort of thing you should be asking before you buy? Why buy and then ask?

Anything you purchase for that cheap is going to be hit and miss in terms of quality. Generally the more you spend, the less likely it will go wrong (Though price and reliability are not always mutually exclusive). 

Specna Arms are reasonable for the money and have been championed as great starter rifles in the past year or so. However recent examples have been somewhat of a downgrade.

They got popular and now they want to maximise profits by reducing quality of materials and fit and finish. 

Specna are not an actual manufacturer, they are built by E&C to a price point specified by Specna. 

46 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Its the sort of thing you should be asking before you buy? Why buy and then ask?

Anything you purchase for that cheap is going to be hit and miss in terms of quality. Generally the more you spend, the less likely it will go wrong (Though price and reliability are not always mutually exclusive). 

Specna Arms are reasonable for the money and have been championed as great starter rifles in the past year or so. However recent examples have been somewhat of a downgrade.

They got popular and now they want to maximise profits by reducing quality of materials. 

Specna are not an actual manufacturer, they are built by E&C to a price point specified by Specna. 

I mean at the time it’s been about a week people were saying it’s a decent choice but recently I’ve seen a lot of things that is putting me off so I wanted other opinions 

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, NewToAirsoft12 said:

I mean at the time it’s been about a week people were saying it’s a decent choice but recently I’ve seen a lot of things that is putting me off so I wanted other opinions 

It is NOT a shit gun - nuff said

You will get lemons on all stuff in life

There have been some lemons but nowhere as bad as others

You could have bought perhaps a slightly better gun perhaps

(But these are opinions like arseholes etc...)

BUT you could have bought a LOT WORSE at higher price even

So made a reasonably safe choice imho

15 minutes ago, Sitting Duck said:

It is NOT a shit gun - nuff said

You will get lemons on all stuff in life

There have been some lemons but nowhere as bad as others

You could have bought perhaps a slightly better gun perhaps

(But these are opinions like arseholes etc...)

BUT you could have bought a LOT WORSE at higher price even

So made a reasonably safe choice imho

How long is it likely to last with moderate care

I think its a good choice 👍

I bought an SA-E03 and very happy with its performance and build quality. (there may be lemons of course)

What bad things did you see about em?

Its obviously not the best gun out there but I think its one of the best bang for buck.

Should last years if you keep the barrel clean and feed it decent quality BB's

Very important to get good battery and above all a good charger.  (Plenty of threads about that)

...and yeah, usually better to ask before you buy

• Supporters
2 hours ago, NewToAirsoft12 said:

How long is it likely to last with moderate care

About 1 week after the warranty expires...

(normally how my luck rolls)

I don't feckin know, how long is a piece of string ???

If we are running a book, 2 years 4 months, 12 days, 8 hours, 39 minutes & 16.5 seconds

• Mostly Retired Moderators
20 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Specna are not an actual manufacturer, they are built by E&C to a price point specified by Specna

This is certainly true for the "One" series of M4s.

The Edge and Core M4 range - I'm not entirely sure because they won't even tell the brand ambassadors. But we suspect Dytac.

The G36s are Ares.

39 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

This is certainly true for the "One" series of M4s.

The Edge and Core M4 range - I'm not entirely sure because they won't even tell the brand ambassadors. But we suspect Dytac.

The G36s are Ares.

And Dytac are Cyma. So the high end stuff could be Cyma. Sounds a bit odd.

Not surprised about the G36s as they do have the proprietary Ares style hop unit.

13 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

Not as far as I know

Note the terrible clear Air nozzle which is on all Cyma replicas. The guy in the first video is positive that its a CYMA going by the other bits of the gearbox. 

I don't know of any other OEM manufacturer that uses those air nozzles. 

Its actually a nice looking gun. 

If YOU like the look of it and it shoots fairly straight at a distance YOU are happy with then happy days.

Airsoft is a personal thing bud, for every item one person recommends there will be someone giving an opinion against it. Whats important is you are happy with it, just load it up and get shooting. 

Does indeed look like CYMA internals, although I don't remember CYMA ever producing an ambi-selector gearbox before but guess Dytac just farm out the work.  So hard with CYMA getting any real information since they are underground

23 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

Does indeed look like CYMA internals, although I don't remember CYMA ever producing an ambi-selector gearbox before but guess Dytac just farm out the work.  So hard with CYMA getting any real information since they are underground

To be pedantic, they may just buy into some Cyma gearboxes and assemble them elsewhere so I might not even be right anyway! 

3 minutes ago, osteoshot said:

Yes, you haven’t not made a good choice. But equally the you may not have made a choice that could have been good.

What we are trying to get at OP is that you don't get into Airsoft expecting to pay the initial £130 and think that will be enough for a good couple of years. It's an expensive sport and things go wrong all of the time! 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.