'Sniper Mode'

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was watching the latest video from Airsoft Mike where he reviews the new line of AEG's made by Poseidon.

Firstly, I'll say that I've been aware of his channel for a few years and I quite like it, mostly because he uses his experience and equipment from making films to create some very nicely shot videos. However it could just be that he's naturally a super enthusiastic person but he also comes across as someone who panders to the companies who send him these free guns to review and keep. 

Anyway the point of my thread was that from the start he mentions a "Sniper Mode" 

Which could mean a hundred different things. Does it dramatically increase the power and lock the gun to semi? Does it make the gearbox silent? Does it do something to the hop to allow you to lift heavy BB's? Nope to all three! 

Apparently it simply causes a massive delay to trigger response, so you pull the trigger and about three or four seconds later it fires. The supposed benefit to this is if you decide not to take the shot because your target moves off or you don't want to give away your position for whatever reason, then you have a moment to release the trigger and the gun won't shoot. 

Does anyone here see this as a desirable feature that they'd actually use?

• Head Moderator

Desirable feature, no. It is not something that I would want on a gun, and I cannot think of any circumstance when I would use it.

• Supporters

Fuck that, sounds like something just waiting to go wrong, as in develop a fault, but also sounds pointless, borderline retarded lol .

Haha, yeah I can half see the logic in it but it seems to have been designed by someone who has never played an active skirmish. 

One of the other modes allows you to have SAFE/BURST/AUTO but there doesn't seem to be an option for SAFE/SEMI/BURST,  which I would be far more likely to use. Even in a large woodland skirmish, disabling semi seems like a bad idea. 

3 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Yup,

I watched that, thought that........

Load ‘o’ pish!!!!! 😂

Also, is it just me but I think those guns are the least interesting designs they could have come up with. I like some of the Poseidon GBB stuff, so quite disappointed with these.

Useless and it'd scare the fuck out of me if the gun didn't fire when pulling the trigger :(

But probably enough people wanted this feature to get Poseidon (or whoever the FCU's OEM is) to program it.

17 minutes ago, Ropeyshep said:

Imagine a car that took three seconds to move after you depress the accelerator at a junction. Seems about that useful. Could introduce an element of thrilling doubt to matters but not in a way you’d enjoy. 

My mk4 mondeo has just that feature - fecking turbo lag

They should add a "Gamble Mode" where when you pull the trigger there's a 1/5 chance it fires. Maybe a "Party Mode" so when you pull the trigger a song plays and the gun fires to the beat of it. 

26 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Maybe a "Party Mode" so when you pull the trigger a song plays

Perun FCUs have that by the way..

• Supporters

i cannot think of a single reason why you would want this.

i could understand a delay after firing to prevent trigger spamming, but i dont think i've ever fired an aeg, hpa or springer and thought "hmmm this needs to be slower to fire"

It really is like the designer imagines airsoft skirmishes are like the "cleaver girl" scene from Jurassic Park where we're silently sneaking up on people. I mean it's an AEG, if you don't give away your position then the kid with the Firehawk shooting at swaying branches certainly will.

Pulling the trigger and the shot coming out a few seconds later? For a sniper weapon system that sounds awful. Generally, when you pull the trigger you need the shot to come out instantly because you've lined up the shot. This basically forces you to line up your shot within that small time frame, making adjustments based on what is happening.

Yeah, that's an awful feature... 🤣

• Moderators
On 28/06/2020 at 11:05, Cr0-Magnon said:

Haha, yeah I can half see the logic in it but it seems to have been designed by someone who has never played an active skirmish. 

One of the other modes allows you to have SAFE/BURST/AUTO but there doesn't seem to be an option for SAFE/SEMI/BURST,  which I would be far more likely to use. Even in a large woodland skirmish, disabling semi seems like a bad idea. 

that could be more useful but i think it can be achieved with most with mosfets?, i have my auto set to a 3 rd burst using the xcortech unit

I bet if you surveyed every professional and amateur sniper in the world in the world, not one would go "Hey, you know what. I would prefer my rifle not to shoot at the exact moment I need it to"

What a stupid feature and made worse by this type of annoying YouTube presenter, who you could punch in the face and they would sound fake excited about it. 

Burn Them All!!!!!!!!!!!

Sniper mode on most Mosfets, is that AFTER firing, you cant fire again for 5 secs to simulate you having to pull the bolt and cycle a new round into the chamber. Never heard or a delay after pulling the trigger before firing, that would be stupid and result in you walking to the respawn a lot

I could possibly see a slight random very small delay being useful to prevent anticipation issues (like 0-0.3 seconds)

I suspect someone played around with the fine tuning of electronic triggers - and had some ‘clever’ idea which is in fact pointless

..... and also potentially dangerous - you’re no longer in control of the moment of firing  

3 hours ago, L3wisD said:

1593693520432.png

I know Dave really well, went to school with him and he used to cadge a lift on the back of my motorbike

Eh, just a gimmick. 

P.S. Did I miss it or does the Poseidon model really lost the binary trigger option? Kinda weird that they chose a "sniper mode" instead of speedboi's wet dream.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.