Dynatec Timed/ All the Same Size?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi folks

i recently bought a Dynatex / Dynatec timed grenade and yet to use it in anger due to lockdown

what I want to know is, did they make a grenade that accepts a 12 bore blank?

Are all the grenades the same size as mine doesn’t look like it will take much bigger than the 9mm adapter

cheers

36 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Hi folks

i recently bought a Dynatex / Dynatec timed grenade and yet to use it in anger due to lockdown

what I want to know is, did they make a grenade that accepts a 12 bore blank?

Are all the grenades the same size as mine doesn’t look like it will take much bigger than the 9mm adapter

cheers

Hi - yes the OG version took a 12g blank. So the "adaptor" is size and shape of a 12 blank, but with a hole to accommodate a 9mm shell and obviously, to have it line up with the firing pin.

Check out this pic from Just Cause airsoft:

IMG_3396-500x500.jpg

Newer ones seem to start at 9mm, not 12g. Here's an example from zero one:

blank_firing_bfg_9mm_38_delay_timer_grenade.jpg

Yes, the original ones were 12g with adapters but are no longer available.

New ones only take 209 primers (look like the blue top in picture above)

You could look around for a second hand one or SWAT VTG that should have the full set of adapters.

Would not advise using a 12g in a game tho

Even the .209 is a fair racket, I’d imagine using a 12g would earn a rebuke if you chucked it anywhere near someone. 

Yeah, the 209s seem plenty loud enough to me.  Especially considering they'll be going off quite near people.

I certainly wouldn't be happy with anything bigger going off near me.

The other plus side of 209s is they're dead cheap.  Work out to less than 10p per throw

I picked mine up via defcon airsoft I think it was and they still had the older versions there. But I run 9mm blanks and they are plenty loud enough. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.