What Are You Most Proud of?

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Doesn't need to be anything major but whether it's successfully upgrading a gun, a shot you managed to hit or how you handled a particular situation. What thing/s have you given yourself a little pat on the back for? 

One of mine might sound bizarre but I always struggled to find a lubricant I really thought was right for my GBB pistols, so I've mixed one up using different types and I'm pleased with it's consistency. It stays on the rails well without clogging them up but doesn't dry out either.

@Cr0-Magnon 👋

An interesting topic! 😎👍

When I got into Airsoft, with my first AEG, at one of the sites I’ve been to. 

I was on the left flank, defending the village on the map. Found a good place and managed to hold off for a while, before being shot out. What made it a proud moment, was I was the last one left on the flank, choosing carefully who to pick off, without getting spotted! 🔫😵

When everyone else tried to push further, when defending!?....

People consistently getting shot, not learning from their mistakes!?....

People on my team started to get annoyed, to the point were they gave up and one came past me saying “It’s hopeless”,  which could of given me away, proved him wrong! 💪

Likely to put more on this topic, so many Proud moments! 😜

💷GAMBLE💷

• Supporters

continual improvement i think.

reckon if we're really honest with ourselves we've all had our own little slips into the darker side of airsoft, being that hit you actually did feel, losing your cool and shouting at someone for not playing properly etc etc. this hobby can be quite the roller coaster sometimes.

it's not something to be proud of and i'll not lie and say i've always been the perfect sportsman, but i think what is worth taking pride in is what you do to improve over time, whether it's learning when to walk away from a game before you lose your cool or being more conscientious of not slipping into bad habits just because the other guy is doing it.

same goes for all aspects really, doesn't need to be big, just try to be better today than you were yesterday.

We could also add “least proud of” to the discussion if anyone feels like confessing! I just wanted to start a more positive thread I'm fed up of reading negative/bad news etc.

As has been mentioned, gradual improvement is still an achievement. For example I find myself far more aware of where I can be shot be shot from when using cover and adjust my stance appropriately. When I first played my elbows and knees were left protruding and I could still be easily hit.

• Supporters

yeah, i wasn't really trying to be depressing, just that i figured the thing i'm most proud of is being better at not doing things that i'm not proud of.

but yes i'm down with some more positivity!

First time I got a 11.1V build working perfectly. Thing was purring, putting out around 26 RPS.

Later found out the difference between a barely above storage charge and fully charged lipo. 

Gearbox destroyed itself and at one stage smoke off the motor. Decided to stick to 7.4s after that.

Might try a 9.9 life one of these days.  

The day I used my spring shotgun in a game and got 6 kills with it 😂

And the day teamwork actually paid off, a team member was keeping a number of the opposition occupied by shooting at them with suppressive fire, and I managed to flank them and get a couple with the pistol

Great fun!!

Small things = spring shotgun kills at a long range; running pistol only CQB (with 15rd mags...make 'em count!) training days with team mates when everything goes right or sitting still and turning invisible to even my own team...who I scared the shit out of when I said "Hi" as they squatted next to me 😁

I always try and play a bit better each time, and not just more kills / death ratio. Can I help another player? Can I give advice? Can I listen more? Can I support someones plan for the game? Am I being an example of a good player?

As Gaz at Sin Eaters Guild says "You are your actions"

The time I single handedly defended a whole flank using hit and run tactics and picking my battles. I wasn't directly defending the objective but it stopped them from moving round the side and tied up enemies that would otherwise be a part of the main assault. 

That and resisting the urge to buy every gun that catches my eye

• Supporters
Just now, PopRocket123 said:

The time I single handedly defended a whole flank using hit and run tactics and picking my battles. I wasn't directly defending the objective but it stopped them from moving round the side and tied up enemies that would otherwise be a part of the main assault. 

always a fun time when you're doing that and they forget to send anyone onto the flank, done a couple of runs where i end up walking back to my spawn from their lines being like "now would be a good time to push lads"

Me and this guy who didn't speak English holding an objective against infinitely respawning people until they gave up. It was a bomb prop chained to a tree that they had to input a code into and it was mountainous terrain (in the mountains in the south of Spain), so we managed to set up a brilliant crossfire over the objective where we both had lines of fire on it and managed to stay hidden so they never knew where we were.

Something more recent, as that was about 10 years ago, is probably the massive improvements in teching I've had in the past year. I've now worked on AEGs (V2 and V7 gearboxes), spring snipers, GBB pistols and now even my HPA VSR!

Also, as it was suggested, what am I least proud of? I've definitely lost my cool before and full auto'd players who have irritated me. These days it doesn't tend to happen much, partially because I can't due to embracing the sniper life in full so I don't have this full auto you speak of. I also think going full sniper has mellowed me a lot. It's not how many you hit, but how you hit them!

Every time I commit a war crime with the mk23. Obliterating the whole enemy team with a pistol is so satisfying.

Or having the lucky game in which I'm defending and I am the only one left, but pull a John Wick and "win" the game.

Not proud of: losing my shit when people keep ignoring my BBs when sniping (there is a reason why we are all full auto, high cap heroes). Doesn't happen often, but when it does it completely ruins my day.

I used to go to a site in Suffolk, which me and a friend became a regulars at that place.  For one game we were told to hide (given 20 minutes) in the wilderness and three teams would have to find us.  We both decided to hide up some trees with our SR25's and MK23 pistols.  It was great to watch the teams take each other out and we picked them off with our pistols, no one thought about looking up. - We timed each shot, when they either looked away or were distracted.  After and hour the site owner ended the game and the two of us started laughing, saying look up!  Damned great that was! From that day onwards, no trees were to be climbed, but it was worth it.

There are many good times and hope more to come!

My less proud moment would probably either be all the TKs (more than I'd like to admit) or waving at someone as their BBs fall 10m short before shooting them from the same distance with my upgraded AEG

11 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

waving at someone as their BBs fall 10m short before shooting them from the same distance with my upgraded AEG

I suppose we can consider that taunting, which can be taken lightheartedly if it's in a humourous situation.

It happened to me when I was still trying to get to grips with my DMR and I think the ammo was too heavy as my shots were dropping off quite early. I had two guys in my sights and one noticed I wasn't reaching them so started waving, even taking a few steps forward. I didn't get angry though for two reasons, one neither of them took a shot during this exchange so I was effectively taking them out of the action too. Two I knew they couldn't reach me either, so I took the opportunity to zero my scope. I suppose from that I can be proud that I didn't just get angry and throw my gun against a tree! 

Showing restraint can be difficult, in the past I've reported cheaters and been told to "man up" but that involves taking matters in to your own hands, which is also frowned upon in airsoft. 

Couple spring to mind. 

being at combat thetford for the first time and admittedly getting lost. Came upon a trail the lead from the opfor respawn to their front line. Followed a group of players along the track before engaging them one at a time and picking them off. Only got busted after engaging their sniper and it taking nigh on a full high cap to get him to call his hit. 

another was earlier this year at battle stations activities. Defending a mortar position game. Typical unlimited respawn assault vs dead and out defence. 15 minute game. 
we get down to the last 5 minutes and there’s about four of us. Slowly it dwindles to just me and 2 minutes remaining. I’m sat about 10 metres back from the mortar with my kwa erg with its reassuring 60 round mags. And through a combination of luck, consistently repositioning and decent shooting I hold off the other team on my Todd. Walked off at game over to many back slaps and the nickname sharpshooter. 

made me smile and walk a bit taller for the rest of the day. 

I was playing reforger for the first time didn't know the lay out or anything. Playing capture the flag at the village section. Started from the previous section me and a few others did a flanking move. Which ended up being shot in the back by a sniper on the woods.

So tried going in through the front where we were being pinned down the last 30 second count down started I just though sod this dropped my rifle pulled my pistol out and just dashed shooting as I dashed, just made it into the first building taking out the nearest enemy through the window as I entered.

5 seconds left someone shouts out the flag is in the building behind me(I had no idea it was in there) as I bend and turn to grab it, a BB just missies me shooting where I had just been standing in window.

The last second grab the flag running out happy as Larry as we win the proceed to catch it in top of door frame and snapped flag in half. Happy and oops at the same time. 

Had a moment in the last game I played where I was defending in a woodland area with my trusty SSG. I had a good line of sight on a bush/fallen log, where the other team out keep going to as their 'staging point' after respawn, before deciding what they would do next. It was probably around 70m away, too far for AEGs, and I was getting a few hits, but they knew I was there and were keeping their heads down.

One guy was standing up behind a tree, and had his arm out pointing out. Clearly trying to direct his teammates. I lined up the shot, and hit him square in the back of the hand, first try. Never thought I'd actually get him, but that was a pretty proud moment 😄

There's quite a few others that spring to mind; most involve defending somewhere or something on my own. Or times when an objective has been captured in the last seconds. Moments like that make me glad sites are reopening soon!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.