New Headgear Setup

Luke-1418

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, I'm reasonably new to airsoft, not a beginner but certainly not a professional, due to age I need to have full face protection, and I'm wondering if a lower mask that has the fabric on the cheeks would go up against my goggles well?

Sorry if it's a bit of a stupid question but I want to make sure it's right. Thanks alot!

Varies from site to site what they except . If it were my site I wouldn't . Many mesh masks need modding to properly contour and even then can shift in play and leave a gap. Only good way to do it is attach the lower to the goggle so there's no potential for a gap. What eye pro you using?

Use heroshark mesh.

the best decision I never made, I just copied a friend and I wouldn’t go back to goggles in woodland due to fogging issues.

nothing else worked 

I’m not affiliated to heroshark but am happy to say good things about a product when it genuinely comes up to scratch 

you can shape the mask to "seal" it around your goggles, but at this point I wouldn't recommend a half mesh/half fabric mask.

While it is more breathable than say a Kefiah or a balaclava, it still retains a lot of moist air which then goes into your goggles, fogging them.

Depending on your goggles, you could buy a full mesh mask and zip tie it to your goggles, so that there are no gaps left :) mesh can be bent and shaped reasonably easily

2 hours ago, osteoshot said:

Use heroshark mesh.

the best decision I never made, I just copied a friend and I wouldn’t go back to goggles in woodland due to fogging issues.

nothing else worked 

I’m not affiliated to heroshark but am happy to say good things about a product when it genuinely comes up to scratch 

No back handers here @L3wisD:D .

9 hours ago, Luke-1418 said:

So, I'm reasonably new to airsoft, not a beginner but certainly not a professional, due to age I need to have full face protection, and I'm wondering if a lower mask that has the fabric on the cheeks would go up against my goggles well?

Sorry if it's a bit of a stupid question but I want to make sure it's right. Thanks alot!

If you really want to protect most of your teeth (or the ones which are going to take the beating) check out the mesh snoods - I got mine from Delta Mike on facebook. I've only skirmished it once (maybe twice) but I rate it. If you want to protect your entire face I would advise a proper all in one goggle and facemask combo. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I have a mesh lower cable tied to the underneath of my goggles.

Works perfectly. I can get some photos for you later.

1 hour ago, heroshark said:

No back handers here @L3wisD:D

Good. We don't want any mouth breathers complaining about it on Facebook 😂

Also, I keep meaning to get Heroshark to do a set of JT goggles for me.

It's on "the list". Along with an FRV belt and another Tippmann... One day

Some  eye pro is almost made to hook mesh masks up to others not so which tends to be glasses end of the spectrum. With certain goggle/glasses contours you also need to trim to shape a little to close the gap . Your first hurdle is finding some eyepro that fits your needs and works well for you then establish whether it's practical to hook the mask up to.

Either Delta Mike snood with steel mesh in for outdoor / milsim (plus I can run this with my ear protection / comms

Or

Dye I4 face mask, first thing I bought when I started playing. Never fogged and saved me £thousands in dental work!

16 hours ago, SSPKali said:

Either Delta Mike snood with steel mesh in for outdoor / milsim (plus I can run this with my ear protection / comms

Or

Dye I4 face mask, first thing I bought when I started playing. Never fogged and saved me £thousands in dental work!

If i played indoors/cqb I would definitely invest in a dye i4, wouldn't use it in woodland as I like being sneaky and they are not the best at blending in to say the least.

i can't get the idea out of my head that I would look like a lost extra from the set of Warlords of Atlantis either (get that for a reference!!!)

7 hours ago, osteoshot said:

If i played indoors/cqb I would definitely invest in a dye i4, wouldn't use it in woodland as I like being sneaky and they are not the best at blending in to say the least.

i can't get the idea out of my head that I would look like a lost extra from the set of Warlords of Atlantis either (get that for a reference!!!)

Mine is green tiger stripe camo and clear or grey lens....defo none of the speedQB colours!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.