Kwa Rm4 Erg Scout Mock Bolt Plate Help

JayW

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is well!

I've ordered a new mock bolt plate from KWA as mine was missing when i bought it secondhand.  I'm wondering how it fits as i've scoured the internet and there are no real detailed pictures on how it should sit on top of the gearbox.  

I want the mechanism to work like it does from factory i.e. it locks back when you pull the charging handle as well.  I've taken it apart before and it seems like everything is there bar the mock bolt plate so hoping its not missing anything. 

Thanks for your help.

IMG_9158.jpg

14 minutes ago, JayW said:

I want the mechanism to work like it does from factory i.e. it locks back when you pull the charging handle as well.  I've taken it apart before and it seems like everything is there bar the mock bolt plate so hoping its not missing anything. 

Assuming you're talking about the "dust cover"? 

The dust cover is held in place with a spring which puts tension on the cover so it always wants to "lock" open when you pull the charging handle. If you look at the top of the breach you'll be able to see a detent where the dust cover locks into place. As soon as you pull the charging handle back slightly, if it's working it should pop open.

I would check you've got that spring - not sure if it comes with the dust cover or not - if you do have it you should be good to go.

4 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Assuming you're talking about the "dust cover"? 

The dust cover is held in place with a spring which puts tension on the cover so it always wants to "lock" open when you pull the charging handle. If you look at the top of the breach you'll be able to see a detent where the dust cover locks into place. As soon as you pull the charging handle back slightly, if it's working it should pop open.

I would check you've got that spring - not sure if it comes with the dust cover or not - if you do have it you should be good to go.

Hi mate, thanks for replying.

Sorry i should have been more specific.  It's this part thats missing not the cover itself. See attached

It covers the gold cylinder thats in there and moves backwards when you pull the charging handle.

IMG_9158 edit.jpg

2 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Right, sorry I get you now - that should be a fairly simple job to install as well. It should hook into the charging handle in some fashion, sadly I'm not too clued up on the specifics! Best of luck though

E: Also sorry, no clue how I didn't notice you still have a dust cover on there..

No problem haha, its easily missed with the pixelated mess of a picture that is!  

Part has arrived, will have a meddle with it tonight after work.  Fingers crossed i have a functional bolt plate again...

The bolt aka fake bolt attaches onto the rod which sits on a side of the gearbox. You can pull out the rod by removing upper receiver and you will see this rod with a spring on it remove it and slide fake bolt onto it and install it back on. Rod sits in the groove above the cylinder just incase you need to know
Обзор внутрянки KWA RM4 Magpul – Airsoft Power Play

Just to clarify this is the groove you are talking about?

KWA-3GX-gearbox.jpg

Sorted, think the part they sent was maybe for a gen 2 though as it didn't fit correctly.  There was a bump in the plate so had to sand it down slightly and then file down the inside of the upper receiver.  All working as it should now, added abit of silicone oil for smooth running.

Thank you guys

5 hours ago, JayW said:

Sorted, think the part they sent was maybe for a gen 2 though as it didn't fit correctly.  There was a bump in the plate so had to sand it down slightly and then file down the inside of the upper receiver.  All working as it should now, added abit of silicone oil for smooth running.

Thank you guys

Sorry for not marking the groove, was on a phone when i pulled up the photo.

11 hours ago, matas17 said:

Sorry for not marking the groove, was on a phone when i pulled up the photo.

No problems, was easy enough to fit.  Just the part they sent wasn't quite right.  Annoying that i had to file down the inside of the upper receiver and shave down the cover as well for it to slide freely...

If anyone else orders this, make sure you get the right one.  The one on their website is incorrect and is for a later gen rifle without the notch in the upper receiver.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.