Alibaba Sandinista/East German Chest Rig

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've ordered a few things (airsoft and other hobbies) from Aliexpress now - and I've had good luck so far with relatively quick shipping - 7-10 days using the slightly more expensive 'Aliexpress Standard Shipping'.

I've not tried ordering direct from Alibaba - I know they are part of the same company but more business/bulk-buy/wholesale orientated. Did you have to register as a business to place your order?

On 19/06/2020 at 16:12, Speedbird_666 said:

I've ordered a few things (airsoft and other hobbies) from Aliexpress now - and I've had good luck so far with relatively quick shipping - 7-10 days using the slightly more expensive 'Aliexpress Standard Shipping'.

I've not tried ordering direct from Alibaba - I know they are part of the same company but more business/bulk-buy/wholesale orientated. Did you have to register as a business to place your order?

Alibaba is more orientated at bulk wholesale, but you can buy some items in lower quantities and may be able to order on a sample basis like Shooting aces 

Most orders would go via AliExpress for smaller consumer quantities and Alibaba for larger wholesale quantities.

In the UK it would be ‘harder’ to make wholesale orders as wholesalers want to both deal in bulk and to protect their primary customers who are the retailers.

So you would need to present some info to

show that you are a business, and certain types of products/brands will also try to restrict who they deal with by region or business type to protect limited markets 

Alibaba has no worries - just that you’re spending enough money with them

1 hour ago, Tommikka said:

Alibaba is more orientated at bulk wholesale, but you can buy some items in lower quantities and may be able to order on a sample basis like Shooting aces 

Most orders would go via AliExpress for smaller consumer quantities and Alibaba for larger wholesale quantities.

In the UK it would be ‘harder’ to make wholesale orders as wholesalers want to both deal in bulk and to protect their primary customers who are the retailers.

So you would need to present some info to

show that you are a business, and certain types of products/brands will also try to restrict who they deal with by region or business type to protect limited markets 

Alibaba has no worries - just that you’re spending enough money with them

Thanks for the info mate, very much appreciated :) 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.