Need Some Loadout Advice

Adevis

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I'm in the middle of building a loadout at the moment, just need some recommendations on combat pants. I'm unsure as to what pattern to get. I primarily play indoor CQB, although I'm hoping to get to some outdoor sites in the near future. I'm thinking either OD/Ranger Green or Multiglam. Your thoughts? 

IMG_20200617_114128.jpg

• Supporters

I mean both work decently well outdoor, OD probably works a little better indoor. They are both very common and can be obtained rather cheaply. I guess it kind of comes down to personal preference and availability. I personally would go with something grey or black for indoor, but Im also the type of guy to have 18 different complete patterns to match whatever environment I play at.

7 minutes ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

I mean both work decently well outdoor, OD probably works a little better indoor. They are both very common and can be obtained rather cheaply. I guess it kind of comes down to personal preference and availability. I personally would go with something grey or black for indoor, but Im also the type of guy to have 18 different complete patterns to match whatever environment I play at.

18? Wow 😮 To be honest I was leaning towards OD to keep things all a solid colour. My local store has a decent selection of patterns, brand wise they have Invader Gear, Helikon and 5.11. 

Helikon CPU trousers are good, or SFU if you are of larger leg 😄 Geen is a good all round colour. In CQB as long as you aren't wearing dayglo orange you will be fine, I often just wear jeans and a dark green longsleeve t.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Adevis said:

18? Wow 😮 To be honest I was leaning towards OD to keep things all a solid colour. My local store has a decent selection of patterns, brand wise they have Invader Gear, Helikon and 5.11. 

To be honest it could very well be more... But I also do a lot of MilSim events where we have to be in a specific pattern and such.

Lets see if I can remember the list...

OD

FDE

Black

Kryptek Typhon

Kryptek Highlander

German Flecktarn

German Tropentarn

AOR1

AOR2

M81

Danish M84

Italian Temperate Vegetato

Chechnyan Ataka (Russian version of ATACS FG)

Russian Partizan

Russian Fall Partizan

Russian 2000s era Berezhka

Ghillie

ATACs AU

Russian EMR

Russian EMR Desert

Soviet Officer Uni

ACU (or UCP)

Multicam

OCP (US Army copy of Multicam)

Auscam

Pink M81 because why not

I do also have Kryptek Neptune/Pontus for Scuba/Spearfishing if that counts haha

Im sure theres one or two more Ive forgotten... TBH 90% of the time I wear Kryptek Highlander or Tropentarn for tan teams, Flecktarn for green, and Krpytek Typhon for black. Its only for specific events or if Im running with a different squad that wants to use one of the others that I use something else. For instance the M81 and M84 were for a specific event in December 2017, the Russians are for when I play with, well, a Russian team, etc.

I've got a couple of pairs of the Helikon SFU trousers (OD and Coyote). I've found them quite comfortable and hard-wearing, and reasonably priced too.

I'd say go for grey, surprisingly it does work outdoors in certain conditions, and let's be honest, it's the solid colour version of God's Plaid.

Failing that, Ranger Green, much more versatile than OD and looks dope.

For outdoors I recommend a patterned top, helps with disrupting the human shape (MC tropic, for example, it's not as common as regular multisham, or Mandrake/Highlander) making it a hair harder for your opponents to recognize you as a human being.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/06/2020 at 20:18, SeniorSpaz87 said:

To be honest it could very well be more... But I also do a lot of MilSim events where we have to be in a specific pattern and such.

Lets see if I can remember the list...

OD

FDE

Black

Kryptek Typhon

Kryptek Highlander

German Flecktarn

German Tropentarn

AOR1

AOR2

M81

Danish M84

Italian Temperate Vegetato

Chechnyan Ataka (Russian version of ATACS FG)

Russian Partizan

Russian Fall Partizan

Russian 2000s era Berezhka

Ghillie

ATACs AU

Russian EMR

Russian EMR Desert

Soviet Officer Uni

ACU (or UCP)

Multicam

OCP (US Army copy of Multicam)

Auscam

Pink M81 because why not

I do also have Kryptek Neptune/Pontus for Scuba/Spearfishing if that counts haha

Im sure theres one or two more Ive forgotten... TBH 90% of the time I wear Kryptek Highlander or Tropentarn for tan teams, Flecktarn for green, and Krpytek Typhon for black. Its only for specific events or if Im running with a different squad that wants to use one of the others that I use something else. For instance the M81 and M84 were for a specific event in December 2017, the Russians are for when I play with, well, a Russian team, etc.

Ha,

I have 1 pair of outdoor trousers I wear for outdoor adventures with work, hiking and Airsoft.

I will be buying another as they are getting on a bit.

But then I don’t really “dress up” for Airsoft.

• Supporters
On 18/06/2020 at 23:34, Skara said:

Ranger Green, much more versatile than OD and looks dope.

glorious-ranger-green-master-race-dirty-multicam-peasants.jpg.d041ed948593b9a14062600aa5e16cb6.jpg

7 minutes ago, Lozart said:

glorious-ranger-green-master-race-dirty-multicam-peasants.jpg.d041ed948593b9a14062600aa5e16cb6.jpg

I was just about to type Ranger Green before scrolling down and seeing this glorious meme.

While I will defend my real Crye MC and Tropic to the death.

RG goes with everything
 images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRYgzvoWa343Wmneh3EruVpECVGlhxMNUCwMA&usqp=CAU

I run Greys / Kryptek Typhon indoors.

Pencott Greenzone for field.

From experience watching many other multicoloured players running around various environments if was to have a 'one colour' loadout it would be Coyote Brown. - the darker side - IE not Coyote Tan.

Gear by the likes of HSGI, Tactical Tailor etc have many different hues in their gear.

I think it blends well with worn organic buildings, is light enough not to stand out as an outline in an urban environment etc.

And it works very well in field / woodland / dappled light.

Breaking up big areas of clothing with gear, and it not being box fresh and shiny are massive factors, worn in gear works so much better IMO 😁

I like the look of Ranger Green but I still think it is too dark for daylight work, you want a pattern/colour that "eats shadows" rather than making you into one.

Middle ground colours like grey & coyote are much more reactive / active in daylight, and on the whole less bold.

Hints of blue are great for dark / night / shadow work, but utterly obvious in the light because the human eye is most sensitive to blue spectrum.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.