Upgrade Sniper Rifle - Where do I Start?

sonofsammo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm now the proud new owner of a JG-BAR 10, which I bought with a view to upgrading.
The only thing I have so far is an Edgi barrel, which I had bought for my SRS, but never got round to installing.
Aside from that, the wealth of upgrades seem to be a bit of a minefield, with what seems to be huge scope for pissing money up the wall in error.
What are essential upgrades, what are the non essential - but nice to haves, and what should I avoid?
Any help/direction would be most welcome.
TIA 😄

AA Hop Chamber. Basically an easy TDC.

60 degree ML rubber. 

And your inner barrel upgrade.

Run it into the ground until the trigger sears go. Then upgrade everything else such as the cylinder, piston and trigger mech at the same time. 

12 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

AA Hop Chamber. Basically an easy TDC.

60 degree ML rubber. 

And your inner barrel upgrade.

Run it into the ground until the trigger sears go. Then upgrade everything else such as the cylinder, piston and trigger mech at the same time. 

Cheers!
I'm being dim - the AA hop chamber isn't adjustable by TDC, is it? Or do you mean it's easy to add one?

The AA chamber adjusts with an allen key from the magazine well, which means that every time you need to tune the hop you'll have to remove the mag first.

It seems to be a well made chamber, in combination with a proper TDC turret it'll help massively with consistency.

I'd also swap the trigger box and piston right away, 45° is meh at 1J, can't imagine how quick it'll explode at 2.2...

At this point, mate, you should've gone for an AA T-10/T-11, as they already come with decent 90° trigger, sears and piston.

I've not long finished upgrading my TM VRS10. 

Feel free to have a gander. I've still not skirmished it yet.....but soon hopefully!!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.