Which Gas/Co2 Pistols Are Quietest?

ibo7

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking for a quiet GBB/NBB pistol for garden use and possibly skirmishing, preferably blowback and co2 as that's what I'm used to(I already have a box of 50 at home). My garden is small and I have a very close neighbour so noise is a big factor, my G&G ARP9 already makes plenty of noise!

Can co2 pistols be silenced? If yes, is it all? If not then can green gas?

Tokyo Marui Mk23 all day long. Its whisper quiet and can be made to be quieter. 

If you arent keen on something that large then the Maruzen Walther p99 and silencer is also very quiet though it has a slightly sharper sound then the MK23 and doesn't have as many upgrades available. 

C02 is quite loud on blowback and well over most UK site limits if its NBB. So pretty useless. 

2 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Tokyo Marui Mk23 all day long. Its whisper quiet and can be made to be quieter. 

If you arent keen on something that large then the Maruzen Walther p99 and silencer is also very quiet though it has a slightly sharper sound then the MK23 and doesn't have as many upgrades available. 

C02 is quite loud on blowback and well over most UK site limits if its NBB. So pretty useless. 

Thanks buddy, it would mostly be for the garden so power isn't a big issue for me. I'm guessing plastic slide could make it quieter?

18 minutes ago, ibo7 said:

Thanks buddy, it would mostly be for the garden so power isn't a big issue for me. I'm guessing plastic slide could make it quieter?

NBBs don't care if the slide is plastic or metal, as the only moving parts are the nozzle and the "firing pin"

Get a MK23, TM preferably but the clones are perfectly serviceable once you mod the suppressor (remove the inner barrel extension, fill with foam) and buy a couple of basic and inexpensive upgrades (Hadron TDC and H-Arm).

Another option would be the KJW Mk1 but it has a few proprietary parts (hop rubber for example... like what the fuck? who's the cunt who thought a proprietary rubber was a good idea??)

Also, there is no such thing as a quiet GBB.

2 minutes ago, Skara said:

NBBs don't care if the slide is plastic or metal, as the only moving parts are the nozzle and the "firing pin"

Get a MK23, TM preferably but the clones are perfectly serviceable once you mod the suppressor 

Also, there is no such thing as a quiet GBB.

For the slide I was referring only to GBB pistols as it would be my preference. I'm not expecting silent, just not loud.

I had a search on forum and seems MK23 is the one to go for, it's certainly on my list now

30 minutes ago, ibo7 said:

Sorry I should have mentioned both the MK23 and P99 are NBB. So the slide material is...immaterial. 

There are no quiet GBB. They will make a louder sound then your arp even with a light plastic slide. 

The Action Army AAP01 felt a bit quieter than the average GBB pistol, but it's still considerably loud and it will still raise a few eyebrows if shot in the garden.

As people have said, a NBB MK23 would probably be your best bet. However bear in mind, no matter how quiet the gun is, there will still be a repetitive thud sound when the BB hits most types of targets.

2 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

As people have said, a NBB MK23 would probably be your best bet. However bear in mind, no matter how quiet the gun is, there will still be a repetitive thud sound when the BB hits most types of targets.

That is true, I shoot plenty of airguns in the garden too which the neighbours don't mind. Pellets hitting metal spinners isn't exactly silent! Looks like a NBB is best way to go

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.