Off Topic Airsoft Dreamers Chat

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What in gods green goodness!!!!!!!

An £800 hicapa, I built mine to a higher spec and I don't think mine cost that much. 

But

1 - I am tight and bought parts when they were on sale

2 - regardless of what I spent as far as my wife knows it was less than that.

18 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

This has to be more or less the golden rule with any hobby. One of my favourite jokes is from the motorcycle community which is "My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my bike(s) for what I told her it cost". 😂

same with cars mate 🤣🤣

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

This has to be more or less the golden rule with any hobby. One of my favourite jokes is from the motorcycle community which is "My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my bike(s) for what I told her it cost". 😂

Lol, not just me then, although I think my finest moment was when thought I could buy yet another bike & she wouldn't notice it amongst the others in the garage.

i fucked up, while I knew she wouldn't know the difference between brands, the colour gave me away, nearly cost me my nads lol 😢

5 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Lol, not just me then, although I think my finest moment was when thought I could buy yet another bike & she wouldn't notice it amongst the others in the garage.

i fucked up, while I knew she wouldn't know the difference between brands, the colour gave me away, nearly cost me my nads lol 😢

I took my car in for a brake discs and pads change... 5 hrs later I drove back with a new car... it was the same colour as my last one though... I thought that would be a saving grace and she wouldn't notice... Kinda got that wrong 🤣

RIF's are just so much easier to sneak into the house... lol

18 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Absolutely.

• "Love, I'm just popping out to the Airsoft shop. They're going to take a look at this one to see if they can fix it"

• *Take empty box to gun shop*

• *Return two hours later*

• "did they manage to fix it?"

• "yes love. Fixed it good and proper. Fires like a dream now, and they fixed it for free"

• *Try not to look as though you're lying as you hurriedly carry box containing new gun to bedroom/shed/garage*

My misses has her UKARA, I have to be VERY sneaky, or totally honest 😂😂

• Supporters
56 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Absolutely.

you're really overthinking it.

it's as simple as "no it's the same old gun just got a new handguard for it"

same reason to mess with internals- if they can't see it, it doesn't cost money ;)

1 hour ago, RMDavis said:

My wife found the invoice for my TM MK46... 

She couldn't quite believe the cost for what as we all know is a bloody toy gun!

What followed was a very intense conversation, where I came clean about my entire collection's value including all my Crye gear etc.

Explaining why my combat trousers were north of £250 was also a fun subject! 😂

Long story short, we're still married and supports me with my crazy hobby!

I'm probably one of the few married blokes in the UK that has a wife that actually knows the real cost of airsoft and all the crap that goes along with it! 😁

I've got my eyes on a TM 46 too but I don't think I can sneak that one in let alone 'hide' amongst the others I have... It kinda sticks out big time 🙈

3 hours ago, RMDavis said:

My wife found the invoice for my TM MK46... 

She couldn't quite believe the cost for what as we all know is a bloody toy gun!

What followed was a very intense conversation, where I came clean about my entire collection's value including all my Crye gear etc.

Explaining why my combat trousers were north of £250 was also a fun subject! 😂

Long story short, we're still married and supports me with my crazy hobby!

I'm probably one of the few married blokes in the UK that has a wife that actually knows the real cost of airsoft and all the crap that goes along with it! 😁

When are you showing her an invoice for some Gen 3 NVG's? 😂

13 hours ago, RMDavis said:

Your partner is an amazing person,

My partner is also aware of the prices in this hobby, it is partly the reason I have a small collection....

1 hour ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Your partner is an amazing person,

My partner is also aware of the prices in this hobby, it is partly the reason I have a small collection....

My partner's the same. She has a one in one out policy and while she's not an airsofter she knows enough about guns to be able to tell the difference

I have 12 guns (I think) I’m pretty sure she thinks I only have 3 :P  

The trainer collection on the other hand have got so out of control she started looking up the value and as soon as she realised a couple of pairs = a nice holiday and a loooong chat about all the nice holidays the whole collection is worth I have decided to thin the collection. 

2 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

I have 12 guns (I think) I’m pretty sure she thinks I only have 3 :P  

The trainer collection on the other hand have got so out of control she started looking up the value and as soon as she realised a couple of pairs = a nice holiday and a loooong chat about all the nice holidays the whole collection is worth I have decided to thin the collection. 

We're having something of a clear out of a lot of unused stuff and I'm having to fight to convince her that any money that I get from selling my airsoft kit is to be spent on better airsoft kit

Yeah she found out how much some of my Airsoft sales made and insisted it goes into the saving account. 
I had it earmarked to sort out the gun bling I needed.
i put the money into the savings but used wages to buy the bling I needed so win win

I'm quite fortunate Mrs M is ok with my Airsoft outlay, which at times has been considerable! However to keep her sweet whenever I make one of my more substantial purchases I always buy her a little treat - Goes a long way as does any form of bribery!!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.