Getting a Longer Rail?Hand Guard and Barrel for M4 Sub Carbine

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If I wanted to turn my G&G metal M4 sub carbine (picture below) into a longer gun with keymod rails and longer barrel, where would I get the parts and which would be a decent fit.

Can't find anything from G&G available in the UK.

Also if you have any recommendations for a more conventional pistol grip, I'd appreciate it.

IMG_1709.jpg

Anything but Ares handguards, they are crap.

For the absolute best fit and alignment go for the ones that only have screws at the bottom (like the mk16 smr or the Nuprol ones).

Also get a barrel extension, much cheaper than buying a whole new barrel and lets you fine tune the length.

• Supporters

Buy another gun ???

If you buy another rail £30~£50 you might have compatibility issues

(if it all mates smoothly and shade of black matches etc...)

If buying G&G stuff then looking at a lot more money & besides crazy prices limited availability

(not many people go nutz transforming a G&G into another G&G model)

Then add on barrel £20 inner as well as outer extension £10 or more for new complete outer barrel

Then a regular pistol grip and hope cheapo aftermarket one is OK

(some like cheapo magpul types are really shit for fitting & motor angle - often best grip came with gun)

You could be looking at not much change from £100, (at least £75 I'd expect with shipping)

which could almost buy a half decent polymer or fair way towards another longer metal M4

You got a nice looking compact 200mm CQB or urban aeg there

not much wrong with it imho, might need a service but is not a bad gun as is

(nice project for a snappy gun or even a dsg - well that is a bit arsey but this is sorta base model for it)

could flog it and buy a new longer key-mod M4

or buy a decent metal M4 keymod and be done with it

(then flog the 300 or the key-mod M4 if you decide one is better than other)

That is what I personally would do, I'd build one from scratch maybe, than gut a nice 300

I would though tear up a cheap metal M4 carbine perhaps, but I'd refrain from doing that to a nice 300 BOT

• Supporters

Agree, you have a nice stubby M4 ideal for cqb etc, for a wee bit more than the parts you'll need you can have a second gun for a completely different role, consider dmr etc, & always have a mag compatible backup, which is something I always recommend.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.