Swindon Airsoft Running Games

LoneTactix

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

3 hours ago, LoneTactix said:

Hi folks,

Friend of mine saw they are running woodland games with some thought out precautions in place, BUT wanted to check here if they're actually permitted to do this?

http://www.swindonairsoft.co.uk/

If they are reopening to groups of 6 with measures in place then they can.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-phased-return-of-sport-and-recreation/guidance-for-providers-of-outdoor-facilities-on-the-phased-return-of-sport-and-recreation

COVID-19 update 1st June 2020.

Having taken guidance from the Government's white paper on the phased reopening of outdoor sports facilities in England, dated 30th May 2020. Also confirming with our insurance provider...
I am pleased to confirm the opening of our 40+ acre woodland - "The Trail", Clyffe Pypard Wood, Breach Lane, Near Royal Wootton Basset, Swindon, SN4 7QR (M4, Junction 16).
The first game day is Sunday 7th June 2020.
This DOES NOT include our indoor site - StrikeForce CQB in Gloucester, which will remain closed.
Read and digest, as the following restrictions/rules will be in place:

Cars cannot be shared with other households, players breaking this rule will be sent home immediately (we will be checking this).

Gates open at 0830. 0930 Covid safety brief & safety brief, 1000 game start, 1600 end.

Limited to 40 players - you must book. Strictly no walk on or spectators.

Teams will be identified by dress code, there will be a Green Team (DPM) and Other (tan, desert, black, civi).

No rental equipment is available.

Safe Zone will be closed, players must use their cars.

There is no onsite shop, which includes pyro, tea urn, food, snacks, drinks etc.

However, BBs can be purchased on site using a contactless payment machine and collected by the purchaser only.

Anyone caught breaking social distancing will leave.

What you will require in addition to your own airsoft kit:

A prebooked, prepaid place to attend.

You will require a mask cover, which must be worn in the car park area (not mesh / airsoft mask).

Your will require a packed lunch and your waste will be taken home for disposable.

The correct dress for your team (2 teams of 20 players).

How to book:

Book online, selecting the product of your preferred team dress colour or by calling 01452303849.

Payment by card and in full is required.

No refunds will be provided if you break any rules and leave.

Once payment is received, you have accepted to abide by our rules, regulations, and our insurance waiver.

However the reopening didn’t last very long

GAME CANCELLED

After visiting site this morning, unfortunately a travelling community have setup camp on site and are refusing to leave.

Until they choose to vacate the land I am unable to offer games at this location.  The last time this happened they left in a couple of weeks.

For those players who have paid online by card please call 01452303849 for a refund.  Paypal will be refunded by the end of today.

Watch this space for announcements of future game dates ASAP...

I would like to thank everyone for their support and understanding.

What the fuck is a travelling community?

Edit: nevermind, found them.

Sucks for you guys :(

Can't the landlord or anyone do anything about it?

I did see the game had been cancelled, which is a shame in a way, but maybe for the best until we know we've generally got the infection levels right down across the UK. The rules they stated seem pretty good if airsoft is to return anytime soon, but if tennis is allowing doubles to be played which is a pretty closely played game then airsoft is surely much safer especially when comparing our playing field space with a tennis court...

More than 6 vehicles (section 52) or if a user of the land is deprived of use or feels threatened (section 53). Police issue as its covered by Public Order Act,. Police have power to move on instantly or to confiscate vehicles. no need to wait 2 week. However police normally conveniently forget all about this power as it involves taking on the gypo's

I never thought this board would be the last bastion of casual racism...../disappointed.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Mr Gold said:

hunt the pikey

3 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

I never thought this board would be the last bastion of casual racism...../disappointed.

IMG_5100.JPG

• Supporters
1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

Really? A bunch of people that gravitate towards running about shooting each other? With all the Billy War bollocks that comes out here and in the safe zone I'm amazed it's not a bigger issue than it is to be honest.

9 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Really? A bunch of people that gravitate towards running about shooting each other? With all the Billy War bollocks that comes out here and in the safe zone I'm amazed it's not a bigger issue than it is to be honest.

It was a slightly tongue in cheek comment but something to think about how we perceive/refer to certain defined ethnic groups in the light of what is going on in the world currently.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, EvilMonkee said:

It was a slightly tongue in cheek comment but something to think about how we perceive/refer to certain defined ethnic groups in the light of what is going on in the world currently.

Absolutely, when I think back to the roasting that people got for suggesting that maybe we could start being more proactively inclusive towards women and/or LGBTQ communities I am reminded of just how close minded some people can be...

2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

I never thought this board would be the last bastion of casual racism...../

Last bastion?????

love to live in your world if casual racism doesn’t exist. (Unless you’re being sarcastic)

as a gorger the level of respect is mutual.

comparing Irish travellers to the lgbt community is a stretch 

24 minutes ago, osteoshot said:

Last bastion?????

love to live in your world if casual racism doesn’t exist. (Unless you’re being sarcastic)

as a gorger the level of respect is mutual.

Not all travellers are a) Roma or b) Irish, though as with everything there is considerable shades of grey and overlap.  My comment was more aligned with the point that we should start thinking as a community how we appear to tackle wider issues.

What is a 'gorger' by the way?

• Supporters
46 minutes ago, osteoshot said:

I don't think anyone was. I mentioned them only in reference to closed minded individuals...

28 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Not all travellers are a) Roma or b) Irish, though as with everything there is considerable shades of grey and overlap.  My comment was more aligned with the point that we should start thinking as a community how we appear to tackle wider issues.

Gorger - Non Travelling individuals that marry into Traveller families, clearly my watching of My Big Fat Gypsy weddings has finally paid off 😆😆

27 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

From the original Roma it’s a non Roma

Now it would depend on context - it could be an ethnic Roma referring to newcomer  travelers, or an outsider to the community

See?  Always knew this board was educational, another word to add to my lexicon.  Thank you!

1 hour ago, Tommikka said:

From the original Roma it’s a non Roma

Now it would depend on context - it could be an ethnic Roma referring to newcomer  travelers, or an outsider to the community

It can also be spelt as Gadje 🙂

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.