Helmet Storage

Macv276

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Did a search for this on here but couldn't find anything....

How do you guys stow away your helmets when not being used, especially those running earpro/comms on them? (ie mine are Fast Helmets with Earmor M32s) 

So far I've seen everything from polystyrene heads to wooden crosses, bags, wig stands 😅 at the moment mine are either being balanced on top of plate carriers or left upside down on a soft surface. 

Suggestions would be appreciated 

19 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I used to have this. Otherwise I packed it up in my kit bag with the earphones and goggles folded into the helmet to take up less space

20171206_213843.jpg

Did that work okay for you? I was thinking it would be too top heavy. 

If you want more stability then a polystyrene head then mannequin / hairdresser training heads are a little more substantial and can also be mounted to a table or tripod

If you set up gridwall storage then there are hat stands - just check that the headgear will balance from its centre.

C9FFB231-7FD2-40A0-BF6F-BC34F58AEFF4.jpeg

46C5CB75-1C35-4D6E-B5C6-3EB603622735.jpeg

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

If you want more stability then a polystyrene head then mannequin / hairdresser training heads are a little more substantial and can also be mounted to a table or tripod

If you set up gridwall storage then there are hat stands - just check that the headgear will balance from its centre.

C9FFB231-7FD2-40A0-BF6F-BC34F58AEFF4.jpeg

46C5CB75-1C35-4D6E-B5C6-3EB603622735.jpeg

A) that head is creepy as fuck

B) I have a bunch of gridwall hat stands that will hold a helmet if anyone is interested. Minimum order was 10 and I only needed a couple.

Oh and C) I use a TMC helmet carrier for my main one but the others are hung inside a cupboard with Command wall hooks.

1 hour ago, Macv276 said:

Did that work okay for you? I was thinking it would be too top heavy. 

It was ok most of the time but it was definitely top heavy and did on more than one occasion make a dive out of the window. You could stick it to a base of some kind though

I agree. That head is nightmare fuel. 

6 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

It was ok most of the time but it was definitely top heavy and did on more than one occasion make a dive out of the window. You could stick it to a base of some kind though

Cheers, I'll probably give it a go 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.