20 Inch Outer Barrel ? Inner Barrel

Mad Dan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

I'm new to the whole upgrade and extend thing but i figured i'd make a go of it and now i'm finding myself "stock blocked" and starting to question my numbers,

I have a fairly old Cyma CM.515 (M4) that's found itself being left behind, this was my first rifle and as such has two-tone polymer furniture but i wanted to give it some love and figured i'd replace these with fancy looking black alloys and maybe give it a custom paint job later down the line, at the same time I've decided i want to make her a little bit longer in the business end and settles on a 20in Barrel and 15in Freefloat handguard all looks good and i love it sofar, but now i've hit a little bit of a snag, all my early workings pointed me to needing a 509mm inner barrel (because for some reason Inner&outer barrels use different units) but now after spending a few months waiting for a  couple of 509s to drop into stock i've found another retailer who advertises "Upto 550" which has a nice gap between 455 and 550, no 509's.

Now this is where I'm stuck, i'd like the Inner barrel to sit flush with the CCW Thread and upon reflection i fear i may not have taken the hop connection into account and as such don't want to keep looking for a 509 to find its too short, or like wise jump on the 550 in stock to find its exactly as i expect it and be too long,

Can anybody please either confirm or debunk the numbers for me?

Thank you in advance,

~Mad Dan

Cheers Both,

Got this sorted now with a 509mm in, not quite as long as i'd hoped but it does the job well enough and the next longest is too long,

the reasoning for the longer barrel was/is more for Aesthetics rather than functionallity

Thanks,

~Mad Dan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.