Review of Specna Sa-h20 Edge

gasman

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Specna Arms SA-H20 EDGE 2.0 AEG Rifle from Patrol base.

I just purchased one of these Gate Aster fitted guns about a week ago and have now had time to test it with the following results.

1st firing doing 320 FPS through a chrono using ,20 bbs but very whiny not a nice sound for a new gun.

The usual loose stock you expect from Specna rattles but when you remove that a deans connector for the battery ( comes with an adapter for tamiya battery).

Enough room for a good size battery in the stock tube.

I noticed a sliver of the black insulation missing from the battery black wire, exposed cable!

I remove the stock tube to expose the quick change spring nut which makes changing the spring super quick can be done in seconds nice. The thread not so nice a bit graunchy.

The upper and lower of the gun fit together without play nice. The front locking pin has a locking screw all good.

Separated lower from upper receiver after testing cover operation for hop up which is plastic rotary type works well. 6.03 brass inner barrel which works well.

Note the catch that operates to release the hop adjust cover forward does not have a pin to hold it to the lower receiver so removable at this point can see that going missing as it wears!

Removed motor and grip, supposed high torque motor. The pinion gear has a shine half way along its length saying to me not fully engaged with bevel gear. Whine! going to test that.

Removed the back body pin and would have liked a locking screw on that!

The small gearbox locking pin fell out at this point!

I removed the grip which had 4 screws fitted nice grip and removed the gearbox. I refitted the grip and motor to the gearbox and the pinion was barely engaged with the bevel gear surprise.

Remove grip and motor then open the gearbox after checking side play on trigger really sloppy!

Cylinder is aluminium with a double seal cylinder head and oring alu nozzle, double seal piston head well lubricated and 14 tooth metal rack piston nice. Good seal all round. Nozzle oring was dry.

Some shims on the gears but not enough and badly shimmed. The gears were almost dry bearings were ok.

I cleaned the gearbox and re-shimmed.

The trigger was very loose in the gearbox so replaced with a speed trigger which was slightly tighter.

I lubricated all and reassembled the gearbox fitting the grip and setting the correct full engagement of the pinion gear.

Next I set up the Aster and calibrated all very easy and now working nicely, love the speed trigger.

i reassembled the entire gun and tested now i have 328 FPS and a wine free gun. I played with springs and now have 346FPS.

I tested with 7.4  and 11.1 lipo and the gun sings.

To sum up I doubt the gun would have lasted 2 games the way I received it and the wiring in the stock tube should have a further layer of insulation from the factory like the titans have.

The gun came with 2 magazines one a nice fit the other was a very slack fit. The trigger fit was crap and Specna should be ashamed of its quality control on what is supposed to be an upgraded gun.

On the plus it is cheap and with a little knowledge can be turned into a good gun. Please let me no if you have one and what you found.

Nice reminder to never buy anything with an Aster in it :P

• Supporters

this is the kind of review content i wish you got on youtube, i don't give a shit about wether or not the controls are ambidextrous i care wether or not the things been put together properly.

good job @gasman

1 hour ago, ak2m4 said:

@Adolf Hamster Did you see the BigBirds review?

Yeah, imo his reviews are some of the best on YT if you are looking for some depth - he got a shout-out from airsoftology a few weeks back, hopefully that helps his following grow a bit.

14 minutes ago, Zarrin said:

Yeah, imo his reviews are some of the best on YT if you are looking for some depth - he got a shout-out from airsoftology a few weeks back, hopefully that helps his following grow a bit.

Indeed, some of the "sponsored" reviews just don't cut it anymore.

Big birds review is spot on sad that manufacturers always seem to reduce quality on things.

I bought 20 of the high cap specna mags and some of those won't even feed in specna guns.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.