Teching Noob - Asg Amralite M15

FirsthandSnow

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I'm doing my first bit of teching and upgrading. I'm working on a V2 gearbox inside an ASG Amralite M15. 

The cylinder and cylinder head had a very poor seal so I'm replacing the head and nozzle. The current plastic nozzle, measured with calipers, is 20.5mm though the replacement aluminium nozzle is 21.4mm. Is the 0.9mm difference likely to have any negative effect to loading the bb into the hop chamber?

Many thanks 😊 

Edited by Jedi_Master
better title description

• Supporters

yes it absolutely can prove to be a problem.

depends on how much clearance the original had but if it's not withdrawing enough to clear a bb then it will prevent feeding.

as @ak2m4 says best off trying and seeing, if you get feeding issues then you know your culprit, if you don't then extra length won't hurt the nozzle-hop air seal.

If you can see the nozzle poking out when looking up into the hop unit feeding tube then it won't work.

You could try filing it down...

(btw its 'Armalite')

• Supporters

it is possible or likely to give you feeding issues if you keep existing hop unit that paired with 20.5mm nozzle

"most" M4 setups tend to use a 21.4mm nozzle which is compatible with "most" M4 hop units

(sometimes it is a smidge under 21.4mm or maybe 21.45mm on SHS red nozzles, but there abouts)

Now there are some M4's than use smaller nozzles, like some ICS M4's especially split v2 box

they seem to use a 21mm or just under nozzles

You can use a SHS M4 nozzle but struggle to feed unless you change hop unit

which then becomes a real PITA coz you have to hack off material from reg M4 hop

as ICS is thinner where feed tube of hop unit is

Also odd Force-Core M4's used a 20.7mm nozzle with a normal looking M4 hop unit

but the nozzle had no "shoulder" to it and the SHS or other M4 nozzle with "shoulder" won't fit fully into hop unit

so yet another time if you change nozzle you likely might need to change hop unit too

(you could use the long AK nozzle @ 20.7mm (not short 19.7mm nozzle), but again had a shoulder so won't fit inside hop)

**** hold up a sec ****

before I wander off on a War & Peace meets Gone With The Wind sequel....

You can try it but prepare yourself for potential problems perahps

you could keep the std nozzle, which might seal a little better on new cylinder head

(most compression is lost by a shit o-ring on piston head, then maybe loose leaking cylinder head

the nozzle is not such a massive problem in fps drop & should never be so snug it struggles to move at speed)

The other alternative is maybe use the LONG 20.7mm AK nozzle that "should" give you less issues with feeding

PS - congrats on taking the time to measure shit BEFOREHAND, than just chuck stuff in without bothering to compare etc...

Hi thanks for the help. The 21.4mm nozzle fits brilliantly with no feeding issues in semi or auto. Hopefully the little extra length creates a better air seal with the hop unit :)

Many thanks guys :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.