Gen4 G17 Help Required

Stu000000

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone please bear with me as I’m completely new to the land of GBB pistols.. 

After servicing my WE gen4 g17 I got the following issue

The pistol will fire with no Bb’s in the mag it will fire once and the slide will lock back which is correct operation ..

With bbs in the mag the pistol will load the bb but will not fire.. you slide it back and you can see the bb sitting in the chamber?

Iv since taken it all to bits again and noticed this damage on the outer barrel.. Iv ordered a new barrel to hopefully fix this issue..

I just can’t see how this would be related to not allowing the gas into the pistol but it’s worth a try.. any thoughts? 

Aby help appreciated!

E42DF1EC-72A3-4F18-A0DB-D31A073DE026.jpeg

5DADF7F1-086E-402A-BF4D-F460ED894167.jpeg

So when you rack the slide it loads a BB but doesn't fire when you pull the trigger ? what does it actually do ? does the trigger 'click' does it release gas ? Did it work correctly before the service ? Paint wear on the barrel isn't uncommon to be fair. 

12 minutes ago, Nick G said:

So when you rack the slide it loads a BB but doesn't fire when you pull the trigger ? what does it actually do ? does the trigger 'click' does it release gas ? Did it work correctly before the service ? Paint wear on the barrel isn't uncommon to be fair. 

Yep it will load the bb and not fire. The trigger will pull but no gas will flow through the pistol.

But if you just insert an unloaded mag and pull the trigger the pistol fires with gas and the slide locks back perfect!

1 hour ago, Stu000000 said:

Yep it will load the bb and not fire. The trigger will pull but no gas will flow through the pistol.

But if you just insert an unloaded mag and pull the trigger the pistol fires with gas and the slide locks back perfect!

Same mag both times?

If you hold the slide lock down, with an empty mag, can you carry on dry firing?

Are you re-filling the mag between dry firing and trying to fire bb’s?

when you pull the trigger with a BB loaded, can you hear and feel the hammer click ? the same as you would if you had an un gassed mag in there ?

Also what exactly did you do when you serviced it ?

28 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

If you hold the slide lock down, with an empty mag, can you carry on dry firing?

Are you re-filling the mag between dry firing and trying to fire bb’s?

Iv not tried the first one here ill

give that ago if the new outer barrel does not fix it !

17 minutes ago, Nick G said:

when you pull the trigger with a BB loaded, can you hear and feel the hammer click ? the same as you would if you had an un gassed mag in there ?

Also what exactly did you do when you serviced it ?

Yea everything clicks as it should.

Just took it all apart as per a YouTube video and cleaned and lubed all the main parts with abbey silicone oil. 

I reckon it’s something to do with this damaged outer barrel not letting the slide go fully into place or something. But that’s just a guess 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

If you get really stuck @Stu000000, it could be worth posting it to @rocketdogbert to be fixed.

We call him the "Glock Doctor" round these parts, he knows his way around Glocks better than I know my way around a sausage sandwich and as a moderator here, I'll vouch for him personally. He won't mess you about.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Also, sounds daft, but have you tried a different brand of BB?

I've noticed you're using BAWs. I had a terrible time with them in the past with them breaking inside guns and Ovality.

27 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Also, sounds daft, but have you tried a different brand of BB?

I've noticed you're using BAWs. I had a terrible time with them in the past with them breaking inside guns and Ovality.

oh really?

I literally just got them as an add on for an order! I think it’s replace the other barrel since it’s actually cracked and then try new Bbs! 

Cheers for all the help so far folks! 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.