Taken a Bit of a Punt

Super64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’ve had a bunch of adverts pop up on Facebook recently for scopes and stuff. Obviously Chinese knockoffs and the adverts show real steel stuff, but I’ve decided to take a punt on the below Acog I’ve just seen advertised. More out of curiosity than anything else.

https://bidvt.site/products/hunting-riflescope-dual-illuminated-chevron-red-green-cross-fiber-scope?fbclid=IwAR34RNbXqrBx1e2mcJqnN5nXFdwIufOcKOsCvzdARQKU2aQ5Rq4yTUhozGU

I’ve paid through PayPal so I’m happy it’s secure. I’ll let you know what, if anything turns up.

Well I’ve received an email confirming dispatch with a tracking number, so it looks like I’m getting something 🤗 It looks like it’s coming from Holland which is a bit of a surprise. I was certain it would be coming from China. It’ll still be a cheap Chinese knockoff, just interested to see to what standard. I’ll let you know when it arrives.

Bit cheaper than ebay ones.

Will be interesting to see how it turns out...

Inspired by your punt, I'm taking a punt on this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32815228131.html?spm=2114.search0302.3.58.4b69680fSAIN0H&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_0,searchweb201603_0,ppcSwitch_0&algo_pvid=24cd302e-ed97-4fbc-a54c-d56d2dbc0211&algo_expid=24cd302e-ed97-4fbc-a54c-d56d2dbc0211-8

Looking at the reticule in the first review it looks exactly the same as the GIF above 😆

Will update if it arrives 😄 (Paypal protected)

EDcase, I have a couple of those, but not from Aliexpress and they are actually good sights, the 4X mag is good if your shortsighted like me at a distance and the plain notch sites on top work fine in CQB, The killflash's with the little arm on the side work perfectly with them if you cut the arm off and ram em in

1 hour ago, MadMole said:

EDcase, I have a couple of those, but not from Aliexpress and they are actually good sights, the 4X mag is good if your shortsighted like me at a distance and the plain notch sites on top work fine in CQB, The killflash's with the little arm on the side work perfectly with them if you cut the arm off and ram em in

Good to hear.  I hope it works out.

Thanks for the advice on the killflash

• 4 weeks later...

So, my purchase arrived eventually. Nearly a month to come from Holland 😧 and as expected it is a cheap knockoff. A tiny part of me was hoping for a trademarked Acog as in the advert, but no, just a cheap looking fibre optic red dot. To be fair the fibre optic does seem to work, but as this is advertised as something for real steel shooters there is no way this will stand up to the punishment of a 5.56. I’m not disappointed as I wasn’t expecting much and it’s no worse than a cheap Acog you’d get on any airsoft site. I’ll probably use it in a future project, give it a spray paint or something. But, it shows those Facebook adverts are not worth the punt.

46 minutes ago, Super64 said:

But, it shows those Facebook adverts are not worth the punt.

Who would have though? ;) 

Mine also arrived a few days ago (forgot to update)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32815228131.html?spm=2114.search0302.3.58.4b69680fSAIN0H&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_0,searchweb201603_0,ppcSwitch_0&algo_pvid=24cd302e-ed97-4fbc-a54c-d56d2dbc0211&algo_expid=24cd302e-ed97-4fbc-a54c-d56d2dbc0211-8

Optics clear and sharp.  I did have to fiddle with it because the adjustment dials didn't work at first (mechanism bit tight)  But its OK now.

The only thing I'm not liking so much is the short eye relief distance.  Its not such a problem for airsoft because there's no recoil but it means that it has to be mounted quite far back and then the top open sights are harder to use.

Happy with it for the price 👍

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.