What Would You Choose?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Im considering buying a cheap base sniper to start upgrading, I am stuck considering a few base guns and wonder if you guys may share your thoughts if you have ever owned one. 

Choices are:

Specna arms SA-S02 Core

JG Bar 10

Cyma CM701B

ASG AW .308

JG Bar 10. Proven track record and best parts compatibility. The Cyma is a second choice for similar reasons. 

JG BAR-10 because it has been a brilliant base sniper for the past... many years. I recently picked myself up one for my 2nd VSR project :D

Cyma over JG.

Stronger externals and costs less than the JG (same quality internals, so getting the weaker bodied one is stupid).

Both are 100% VSR compatible :)

2 JG and 1 for Cyma. So far from what i've been reading the JG Bar seems the most highly recommended and consistency seems to be superior to Cyma. From what i've seen of the Cyma's, QC can mean you can get a decent gun out of the box, or complete pile of trash. I guess ill just have to pray to the Airsoft Gods that the person doing QC wasnt hung over haha 

You're going to gut it anyway, my point still stands :)

The cyma is also cheaper than the JG so you have a larger margin for upgrades :)

Back then the JG was the only alternative to TM (Well had some models too and still has, but they're wonky af and some parts are proprietary).

I bought my dad a cheap jg bar 10 from TG at xmas. Not bad for less than £90.

Have considered putting some upgrades in for him, but its only used for garden plinking at 25m.

6 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Ares Striker ? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I wouldn't recommend it, despite having one and wanting another one :P

Yeah ares striker was among the group of 5 I could find that were most recommended, but considering the aim is for upgrading, the ares striker loses on base price. I do prefer to look of the ares though, I also like the look of some of the m4 bolt action snipers, but I do love the simplicity of the vsr 10 base aswell.

I wish I could just enjoy a little plinking during this lockdown but I live in a building where about 6 flats overlook our communal garden. and the building next door is a HMO with at least 5 tenants overlooking our garden. Theres just too many options of people to call the police, and as its communal in the eye of the law technically I can't take my airsoft gun there without permission from the landlord.Too much of a pain to try and get away with. Inside my flat the longest straight is about 15m so hardly testing my skill (Plus there are already way too many dents in the wall from testing my aeg and accidentally shooting through my catch bag as I built it lol)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.