How to Get a UKARA Under 18

bendow

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi there, i have been confused of how to get a UKARA licence when you are under 18 as i know someone who is 18 can do it for you but does that mean they have to play the three games or can i do it? And also if i have a two tone gun and get a UKARA membership will i be able to paint all the gun black instead of having to buy a non two tone gun?

5 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Why would you want an all black or otherwise realistic gun? You're young, you should be rocking bright, fun colours. It's only us boring and sensible oldies that need RIF's.

No one looks to buy a two tone gun. No one 

There are quite possibly a million posts on every forum covering exactly this topic. Every new person asks exactly the same questions, but I’ll dive in and give an answer.

1) It’s not a UKARA licence. It doesn’t entitle you to do anything, you don’t need to pass a test or apply for anything. You go to an airsoft game site, become a member, you will get a membership number for that site and once you have played 3 games in no less than 3 months The site will endorse your membership. You can then buy a R.I.F. from an airsoft shop who will ask for your site membership/UKARA number, confirm it with the game site and then put your number on the UKARA database meaning any other retailer will then be able to check up on the UKARA database and confirm you are an active skirmisher. You can then buy as many guns as you want in that year period before your membership expires or you renew your membership with that or any other site, having hit the required 3 games.

2) It’s down to individual sites, but I’m sure you will be able to become a member of your local airsoft site and get a membership number below the age of 18.

3) As well as being on the UKARA database, you need to be over 18 to buy a R.I.F or a I.F. You will need to prove you are over 18.

4) The law states you cannot convert an imitation firearm (I.F.) into a realistic imitation firearm (R.I.F.) that includes changing the colour of a two tone gun. Are you going to get locked up for stripping back a two tone I.F.? No, unless you ack like a d*** and go running around the streets with it, posting pictures of it on public social media or in some other way cause the general public harassment, alarm and distress. If you have an I.F., strip the bright colours off it and turn up at your airsoft site with it, I doubt anyone will have an issue. That said, converting an I.F. To a R.I.F. is still illegal.

Hope this helps in some way. 

27 minutes ago, bendow said:

hi there, i have been confused of how to get a UKARA licence when you are under 18 as i know someone who is 18 can do it for you but does that mean they have to play the three games or can i do it? And also if i have a two tone gun and get a UKARA membership will i be able to paint all the gun black instead of having to buy a non two tone gun?

No 

5 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

CyC4LEd.jpg

I think a metallic blue with speckles would look better than green... but hey that's just my preference...

• Head Moderator

Just to reiterate what has already been said.  It is illegal to buy an Imitation (two tone) or Realistic (RIF) gun if you are under 18 years old.  It is illegal to also sell either an IF or RIF to a child.

And forum rules state clearly that you cannot discuss anything that will help someone break the law in his or her locale. This means talking about:
How to get restricted items if you are under-age

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.