Spartan117gw Arrested

Super64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, John_W said:

I hear a 40 Mike is worse than a Baton Round šŸ˜Ž

Ā 

ain't so sure about that, been on the sending and receiving ends of the 40-mike and my conclusion is it's thoroughly underwhelming.

• Supporters

Lol, I've got a baton round here somewhere, even just throwing it at someone would probably knock them out cold, I'll take a 40mike every day of the week.

( @John_W , I know your only joking šŸ¤£)

15 hours ago, Tackle said:

Lol, I've got a baton round here somewhere, even just throwing it at someone would probably knock them out cold, I'll take a 40mike every day of the week.

( @John_W , I know your only joking šŸ¤£)

Indeed.

There are some people thought who think Irony is like Goldy, just not as shiny.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, HuttArmouries said:

Went on his channel to see if there was a response and it seems he has deleted every video on there apart from one at e3 like 7 years ago.

Ā 

Yeah pretty much all his social media went private just after the incident - haven'tĀ really heard any update on the situationĀ though.

• Supporters

Obviously the national guard were just jealous of his gucci airsoft gear.Ā 

• Supporters

Yikes.. if you don't understand US firearms laws don't spout off like you do.Ā  This thread is packed tightly with fallacies.

Ā 

Greg's a staunch 2A guy so should've moved out of cali really but he does a lot of his work in and around the film and game industries so LA is where the income is.Ā  Constitutionally he did nothing wrong, but the differences between the 2nd amendment and federal and state laws in reality of course are substantial.Ā  I've talked to guys who live in california and do their best to own 'proper' guns legally, sometimes skirting the law, but they weren't the types to take anything out in public view if it was in a grey area at all, which is probably wise.

Ā 

He hasn't been blacklisted or excommunicated or anything of the sort by PTS or HSP and they're the strongest connections to large businesses he has in the realms of gear/airsoft etc afaik.Ā  I'm not saying that approaching the guardsmen was smart and if he'd just stayed by the shop in question and not made that move I think it's very likely he'd have never been arrested, he's been alright as a person during the occasions I've met him, but I don't follow his social media channels and most of his kit doesn't really interest me hugely on a personal level.Ā  However nobody but him, the guardsmen and a few people very close to him know exactly what he did and said and precisely what went down that evening, to speculateĀ and denigrate him based on ignorance of the realityĀ isn't demonstrative of the best qualities of character.

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, TheFull9 said:

Yikes.. if you don't understand US firearms laws don't spout off like you do.Ā  This thread is packed tightly with fallacies.

Ā 

Greg's a staunch 2A guy so should've moved out of cali really but he does a lot of his work in and around the film and game industries so LA is where the income is.Ā  Constitutionally he did nothing wrong, but the differences between the 2nd amendment and federal and state laws in reality of course are substantial.Ā  I've talked to guys who live in california and do their best to own 'proper' guns legally, sometimes skirting the law, but they weren't the types to take anything out in public view if it was in a grey area at all, which is probably wise.

Ā 

He hasn't been blacklisted or excommunicated or anything of the sort by PTS or HSP and they're the strongest connections to large businesses he has in the realms of gear/airsoft etc afaik.Ā  I'm not saying that approaching the guardsmen was smart and if he'd just stayed by the shop in question and not made that move I think it's very likely he'd have never been arrested, he's been alright as a person during the occasions I've met him, but I don't follow his social media channels and most of his kit doesn't really interest me hugely on a personal level.Ā  However nobody but him, the guardsmen and a few people very close to him know exactly what he did and said and precisely what went down that evening, to speculateĀ and denigrate him based on ignorance of the realityĀ isn't demonstrative of the best qualities of character.

Ā 

Ā 

He may be staunch on the Second amendment, but he still sits under the law.

The Constitution and amendments only form the foundations of law in the US, they also provide for national (federal) and regional (State) laws to be added.

If they contradict then itā€™s not valid to just ignore and use your own interpretation.

He needs to comply with all of state law, federal law and the constitution.

Ā 

Moving out of California wouldnā€™t have sufficed for him - he hadĀ unregistered firearms without serials. Ā The whole country requiresĀ some form of permit

Within California it is possible to legally own firearms. Ā He chose not to and he got caught

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

He may be staunch on the Second amendment, but he still sits under the law.

The Constitution and amendments only form the foundations of law in the US, they also provide for national (federal) and regional (State) laws to be added.

If they contradict then itā€™s not valid to just ignore and use your own interpretation.

He needs to comply with all of state law, federal law and the constitution.

Ā 

Moving out of California wouldnā€™t have sufficed for him - he hadĀ unregistered firearms without serials. Ā The whole country requiresĀ some form of permit

Within California it is possible to legally own firearms. Ā He chose not to and he got caught

Ā 

Where did I say he's not bound by state and federal laws?Ā  He very obviously, is, which is why he got arrested.Ā  If it reads to you like I wasn't saying that, you misinterpreted what I said.

Ā 

There's plenty of states that absolutely allow the individual to "manufacture"Ā unserialised and unregistered firearms, hence the hugeĀ '80%' industry in the US.

• Supporters

Yep, irrespective of whether he's a nice guy etc, & no we don't know the facts 100%, don't think anyone can dispute that he fucked up in a massive way, he made numerous poor decisions that are gonna now bite him in the arse, I doubt he would have got away with it in any state.

• Supporters

If he'd been in somewhere like Texas where those guns were all legal he'd have absolutely gotten away with it in terms of the weapons charges, given that the main ones levelled against him are related to ownership of types of weapons banned specifically in California.Ā  Same story with open carrying.

Ā 

If the earlier mentioned rumour implies that he was invited over by one of the NG personnel in question it was still a very questionableĀ move but not one that every glass-house dweller can climb up on their high horse and say that they'd never have never made if they were him.Ā  Given that nobody knows the facts I think everything is disputable, doesn't mean I think there's no chance he was entirely or at least partially wrong, those chances entirely exist, but the vicious conclusion jumping in the first page of this thread is unpleasantness based on a vacuum of knowledge and should be challenged as such.

• Supporters

Texas, & maybe Arkansas were my first thoughts that he might have blaggedĀ his way out of it, but to be fair, with the number of shootings in recent years, especially those involving disgruntled military personnel or for example the guy who took down a number of cops last year (?), I would imagine most government personnel, even national guards, would be a bit more tactically aware of who's around them, essentially "with them", & be watching their backs, so a stranger not fitting the bill, for whatever reason he stood out, would quickly be closed down & secured.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.