Whats's Your Weakness?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

That's very honest of you @ghostwalker but you are most definitely not alone with mental health issues. So many people have them now and I think it's a sign of the times, but it's less of a weakness and more of an inner challenge. If we change the internal monologue most people would find there is no problem at all. 

The good thing about airsoft is finding like-minded people to game with and a lot of randoms I met over the years told me all sorts of tales about their lives and some were seriously sad, but life affirming as well. 

Keep focusing on the things you want to improve on and life will always be easier to live with.

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Lollingsgrad said:

Biggest weakness is poor impulse control meaning I'm likely to buy even more unnecessary equipment and be unable to afford attendance at the game.

I think we've all got a bit of that, the nature of airsoft, once it gets in your blood lol.

18 hours ago, ghostwalker said:

Weakness. 
like most a bit heavier than I want which leads to me sweating a lot. Though since lockdown I have been running between 20 and 30km a week to try and shift some weight. Not as easy as it sounds when you work in a chip shop for a living. 

I am one of those sneaky feckers. Want to know where I am. Look for the forward line. Now look way in front in one of the flanks circling in for the hard flank or rear attack. Problem is. A lot of the time as I arrive the fights over. Though it doesn’t mean I sometimes catch all the respawners flat. 

mental health. That’s probably a biggy though. The times I’m all prepped and rating to go Saturday night and come Sunday morning. There’s no pint, in too tired, suddenly don’t feel well etc etc. That’s canned more games days that I have probably played 

Mate, we sound like twins, except I'm not lucky enough to work in a chippy, that would probably finish me off.

re mental health, I've struggled also, depression & cumulative ptsd, & sometimes as daft as it sounds, when I'm looking forward to a long awaited game, the actual prep of ensuring everything is ready & nothing is forgotten is a total pain, often meant I ended up taking waaay tooo much kit, almost to combat any anxieties.

simple answer I've found is to go minimal, literally the bare essentials, screw geardo precise loadouts, screw plate carriers etc, I go with a molle satchel bag or a molle bandolier (already loaded with 3 hicaps & a bottle of water, & spare safety goggles) literally walk on to site in whatever clothing is comfortable, leave a small case with a spare age & reload kit in the safe zone, throw it over your shoulder & start playing, it's literally like a breath of fresh air, less issues with fitness & I actually find I'm now playing better & not feeling "pressure".

does that make any sense ?

12 minutes ago, Tackle said:

I think we've all got a bit of that, the nature of airsoft, once it gets in your blood lol.

Mate, we sound like twins, except I'm not lucky enough to work in a chippy, that would probably finish me off.

re mental health, I've struggled also, depression & cumulative ptsd, & sometimes as daft as it sounds, when I'm looking forward to a long awaited game, the actual prep of ensuring everything is ready & nothing is forgotten is a total pain, often meant I ended up taking waaay tooo much kit, almost to combat any anxieties.

simple answer I've found is to go minimal, literally the bare essentials, screw geardo precise loadouts, screw plate carriers etc, I go with a molle satchel bag or a molle bandolier (already loaded with 3 hicaps & a bottle of water, & spare safety goggles) literally walk on to site in whatever clothing is comfortable, leave a small case with a spare age & reload kit in the safe zone, throw it over your shoulder & start playing, it's literally like a breath of fresh air, less issues with fitness & I actually find I'm now playing better & not feeling "pressure".

does that make any sense ?

Yes mate it does.

When we get back into airsoft my kit is all squared away and ready. Leaving my beloved KWA erg at home in favour of my 2 ics rifs with hi cap mags. Means taking 5 mags instead of 12 to a game day plus speed loader.

Also stripped my plate carrier down to just a triple mag and hydration carrier with everything else on a grab belt kit.

For me the mental health kicks mostly from a crappy younger life. Fairly abusive mother, an ex who made life hell and still tries with manipulating the kids etc. Alongside other odds and sods as they say. So all it takes is that little bump to knock me off kilter. Though in fairness i have a pretty amazing fiancee i have been with for 10 years now and she will often kick me up the arse when needed lol

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

do you mean the women are easy or the answer to the question is easy?

a comma would have been less ambiguous than full stops.....

Either :P

17 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Traps.

Traps are my weakness.

I am a complete sucker for traps where I think I'm going to bang, but get banged instead, and uwu won't convince me otherwise.

Poker Face Blank Template - Imgflip

ah yes... those nasty sharp stick pits with crap all over...  very dangerous, have been lucky enough not to fall into one on a game-day!

Bear traps too, they are bad...  and mouse traps... bad for your fingers; number one cause for delayed trigger response. 

🙄

On 13/06/2020 at 00:00, Zarrin said:

I mean last summer I was trying to keep up 100 press ups a day - so by that logic I would have has a quota of 5 TKs per game before I would actually have to start checking my targets 😜

Started doing them straight out o bed again the other week.. struggling to do a set of 20 at the moment. 😣

Life is harsh - fitness falls of 20x faster than I goes on!

Where do you play! Fall pits, that don't sound like fun!!

My weakness is patience, it usually runs out 2 nano seconds before it would have been epic 🙈

My pistol work is well rusty these days, mostly in part to hardly playing in the last 18months due to work and Covid pandemic.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Zarrin said:

ah yes... those nasty sharp stick pits with crap all over...  very dangerous, have been lucky enough not to fall into one on a game-day!

Bear traps too, they are bad...  and mouse traps... bad for your fingers; number one cause for delayed trigger response. 

🙄

Yes. Yes, those sort of traps.

image.png.c9b85b372cb4c4126337c2c9ee4abe43.png

2 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Life is harsh - fitness falls of 20x faster than I goes on!

Ah, aint it the truth - I'm finding my fitness is returning faster than I'm dropping the pounds though. Having said that I am just about down a belt buckle ... I'm back working in the city and I'm running 1.7 miles  each way back and forth between London Bridge and Old st, so 3.4 miles running everyday and that is definitely helping for sure. In the weekend i'm doing little up hill runs around the North Downs, definitely seeing a big difference from when I started. 

Assuming your a larger guy, by that I mean someone who actually has some body fat, believe or not I'm envious of that, being 6' 4", strong but cannot put on fat or bulk, which ultimately means my endurance will never be great as I have zero reserves.

I thought only women watched the scales! Stuff that, keep up the excersise, you'll get stronger and fitter regardless, any weight will sort itself if you don't eat shit.

Feeling fit in any level has to be one of the best things to make a skirmish day or milsim really good fun.

Just playing regular with all our kit on running around is a serious workout - especially if you die a lot 😂

19 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Feeling fit in any level has to be one of the best things to make a skirmish day or milsim really good fun.

Just playing regular with all our kit on running around is a serious workout - especially if you die a lot 😂

Yeah i've said the same thing before myself (as someone who has played the sport for quite some time, fluctuating between 42 waist and potato fitness to 32 waist and fit as a fiddle)  - being in shape makes such a difference on game days, and what's more the sport becomes way more enjoyable; not only because of your endurance levels through the day, but for everything involved in the sport.. running back and forth from spawn after getting hit is a great example, it's a killer when you are out of shape and can even put you off for the day, but get that fitness up and you just take those little things in your stride.. rush back to the front and still be rearing to go.

Good on you @ghostwalker, if youre getting to those distances id definitely say start running with a little weight, save the abuse on your skeletal frame from extended distance running and keep upping the weight instead, that will push your cardio/endurance and strength, not just cardio/endurance.

Then when you run without weight youll be a gazelle! And you wont notice the airsoft kit ;)

1 hour ago, ghostwalker said:

Well lads and lasses. If fitness is your current weakness there is hope. 
Just before lockdown began I got back into running. By back into it I mean ‘stumbling around breathing out of my arse’. 
but apparently it is working. Since I started back at it I have dropped over 1stobe in weight 15’4 down to 14’3 (in 5’7 and fairly broad shouldered and fat). Not only that but I have slowly pushed the sunday run days to try and go further. 5k/3ish miles to start. Then upto 10k/6ish miles. And today for the first time. Half marathon distance 13 miles or just over 20k. 
now I am no gazelle more a slightly irritated hippo and if I can do it. Anyone can (I used to hate running with passion). 

Freakin good job dude - that's no mean feet.

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

Good on you @ghostwalker, if youre getting to those distances id definitely say start running with a little weight, save the abuse on your skeletal frame from extended distance running and keep upping the weight instead, that will push your cardio/endurance and strength, not just cardio/endurance.

Then when you run without weight youll be a gazelle! And you wont notice the airsoft kit ;)

I would love to get some weighted train g plates with a vest to use then in. Not entirely sure I would want to run about in my warrior cpc though lol

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, ghostwalker said:

I would love to get some weighted train g plates with a vest to use then in. Not entirely sure I would want to run about in my warrior cpc though lol

rucksack full of rocks, much less conspicuous.

• 1 month later...

Weakness? 

I overestimate my tech abilities ( my m4 is fully recovered from the latest gearbox improvement session,, thanks for asking :D )

Slightly Colorblind, so if armbands are Red vs Green or Green vs Yellow, you may want hide from me even if you are in my team ( sorry 😧 ) 

My main weaknesses are probably my fitness, but not in the same way as others have commented. I've always been skinny but years of substance abuse has left me looking like I could be in an Oxfam appeal advert and I find it almost impossible to put on any weight. 

Second is probably my complete lack of tech skills meaning I've got quite a few busted guns which I really should get fixed. 

Last is my inability to hit anything with a pistol unless it's close range. 

My weakness as a 6ft 2, 34yo with an average dad bod is fitness, I feel it sometimes just walking up the stairs, hence taking up a bit of running/cycling while I was on furlough and getting into airsoft for some much needed exercise, that and chinese food.....

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.