Whats's Your Weakness?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

@PopRocket123 - While nowhere near as good as the original Jumanji, I must admit that the first of the two with the Rock & co in was far better than expected. I'm wary of the second one though . Kevin Hart was damn good in it although gotta love the smoulder. 😂

Survivability and patience on the field for me: I often try and push up or find a sneaky flank when I have no business doing so and i'll just end up getting peppered.. even by my own team as i'll be up beyond their sight lines.  I think it literally stems from the way I've always played computer games like Battlefield and Day of Defeat where i'm fairly anti camper and am constantly looking to get behind enemy lines.

It's the reason I have recently been working on my DMRs; I'd like to learn the 'attrition role' a bit better and become more content at holding a position or even one angle. I figure playing a bit more DMR would be good for that as minimum engagement distances usually apply, and if you trick them out well enough you can get some good accuracy and consistency which is going to allow that type of game style to be more enjoyable.

Also, maintaining a good fitness level: i'm so bad at letting my fitness drop off. I can have the short term will power to get fit, but never have i had the discipline to maintain it - an example is last year..  I actually did the 'couch to 5k' thing, was definitely the fittest I'd been since I was at school, and the game days I went to during that period were so enjoyable... felt it made me generally better than I ever had been on the field; by the end of the day I'm usually pretty much dead, but with those few games I went home feeling like I could probably go on for another couple hours. Anyway, I haven't been for run now since probably the end of September.. belt size back up to 34; probably more as even these trowsers are starting to feel a bit tight, feeling a little depressed about it all... lock down certainly doesn't help.

Flexibility for me! Get cramp while laid down in shooting position for too long. 

Over eagerness to get kills can sometimes cost me due to my competitive nature... means I spearhead forward early and get surrounded when other teammates don’t follow me or catch me up

I also sweat a lot and that leads to fogging but nowt to being overweight. I’m just a sweaty bastard and sweat sat down doing nowt 

2 hours ago, Jimbodini42 said:

I also sweat a lot and that leads to fogging but nowt to being overweight. I’m just a sweaty bastard and sweat sat down doing nowt 

Finally someone who gets me 😂

On 05/06/2020 at 12:41, PopRocket123 said:

Finally someone who gets me 😂

I’ve never understood it and been butt of jokes since being a teenager! 

I stand by the merit of never smelling though! Good old Lynx Africa 😂Just always... damp. Grey T’s are a no go for me. 

My weakness is respawning and going back to where I was hit. It teaches me valuable lessons but lets my team down.  I always want to know how come I was spotted/heard/ambushed.

Weight wise, I've jogged each day through lockdown.   I'm back to the fighting weight that I was in my teens-till late 30's, but hyperhydrosis makes fogging impossible to avoid unless using mesh, which I hate.  The use of the stuff gives me the jitters, and that lack of confidence is another weakness.  

I suppose that getting too competitive with the kids in milsims is a weakness too.   They don't have arthritis, I do...   

1 minute ago, LoneTactix said:

An itchy trigger finger near friendlies in CQB... I admit I just shoot before looking because I do have good reactions, but end up shooting about 6 or 8 friendlies during a day, which is atrocious 🥺👈

Yep, me too - whenever I'm at Grange live in Brum i'll rack up a fair few TKs and take a quite a few myself too. It may be the layout of the site that lends itself towards getting taken out by your own team.

I also think it might be the pistol snap shooting/dry firing I tend to do at home (I mean we all do that a bit right?)... i practice snap shooting with target acquisition being priority, and then not even think about the target identification part.  

• Supporters

i swing both ways, i try and wait to identify targets until i get pissed off constantly getting blasted first so switch to shooting anything that moves until i feel guilty at team fragging.

vicious circle....

It's 20 pushups for each blue on blue in my team :P

Although I usually tell my nearest teammate there's an opponent somewhere, so he takes the shot AND the punishment :P

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Skara said:

Although I usually tell my nearest teammate there's an opponent somewhere, so he takes the shot AND the punishment :P

i generally offer to take the hit in their stead.

unfortunately my squad mates have figured out they can guilt trip me even more by refusing the offer....

Time delaying a grenade and saying "f**k" loudly as it lands so they think it's an impact

then hearing the hit calls when it goes off :D

3 hours ago, Skara said:

I mean last summer I was trying to keep up 100 press ups a day - so by that logic I would have has a quota of 5 TKs per game before I would actually have to start checking my targets 😜

Started doing them straight out o bed again the other week.. struggling to do a set of 20 at the moment. 😣

8 minutes ago, Zarrin said:

I mean last summer I was trying to keep up 100 press ups a day - so by that logic I would have has a quota of 5 TKs per game before I would actually have to start checking my targets 😜

Started doing them straight out o bed again the other week.. struggling to do a set of 20 at the moment. 😣

The whole point of them pushups is to teach people to check their fire :)

Last year we watched one of the younger guys die halfway through a series of 80, he whacked his whole squad at once :D

On 12/06/2020 at 20:18, LoneTactix said:

An itchy trigger finger near friendlies in CQB... I admit I just shoot before looking because I do have good reactions, but end up shooting about 6 or 8 friendlies during a day, which is atrocious 🥺👈

if you are team killing on the reg you don't really have good reactions (no offence) you are just rushing... slow is smooth as they say (they = the people in the making of blackhawk down)

I don't think my reaction time can be questioned, but I'm not trying to claim anything by saying they are quick if that makes sense, only that I am probably too quick to shoot before identifying a target, but it's a weakness as I stated 🙃

• Supporters
5 hours ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

if you are team killing on the reg you don't really have good reactions (no offence) you are just rushing... slow is smooth as they say (they = the people in the making of blackhawk down)

i think the problem here is the reactions required to shoot the first thing that moves are always gonna be slower than taking the time to identify first, so your choice is between risking blue on blue or getting hit yourself.

This is it, in a game that has no consciences - TKs ain't that bad. In 90% of airsoft game days I've attended: who won what game and if there was an overall winning team barely gets a mention. Fun ftw usually, so I apologise, take the hit myself and keep working on a better "response time"

3 hours ago, LoneTactix said:

I don't think my reaction time can be questioned, but I'm not trying to claim anything by saying they are quick if that makes sense, only that I am probably too quick to shoot before identifying a target, but it's a weakness as I stated 🙃

Are you American by any chance😂

Theres nothing friendly about friendly fire

• Supporters
58 minutes ago, osteoshot said:

Are you American by any chance😂

Theres nothing friendly about friendly fire

Lol, one of the biggest contradictions in terms, right up there with "military intelligence" 🤣

Apart from the lower back suffering around lunchtime I would actually say my main weakness is not being able to distinguish team colours through the bushes. This hasn't really led to friendly fire but quite the opposite, I hesitate until I can tell and then it's often too late.

On 18/06/2020 at 13:33, Cr0-Magnon said:

Apart from the lower back suffering around lunchtime I would actually say my main weakness is not being able to distinguish team colours through the bushes. This hasn't really led to friendly fire but quite the opposite, I hesitate until I can tell and then it's often too late.

Hmmmm

I seem to have some of this, but I shoot first and apologise later ! 😂

14 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Hmmmm

I seem to have some of this, but I shoot first and apologise later ! 😂

Yeah but some people take it really badly!

One of the recent examples of me not being able to distinguish team colours was at Battle Lakes. The opposing team had brightly colour armbands and us dark blue. Unfortunately their armbands are only brightly colour around one side with the other side being black elastic. I was sneaking through the undergrowth with one other guy and saw the underside of a third mans armband noting only that it was a dark colour. To the point where I was about ten metres away and could have hit a hundred times over if I'd known.

Weakness. 
like most a bit heavier than I want which leads to me sweating a lot. Though since lockdown I have been running between 20 and 30km a week to try and shift some weight. Not as easy as it sounds when you work in a chip shop for a living. 

I am one of those sneaky feckers. Want to know where I am. Look for the forward line. Now look way in front in one of the flanks circling in for the hard flank or rear attack. Problem is. A lot of the time as I arrive the fights over. Though it doesn’t mean I sometimes catch all the respawners flat. 

mental health. That’s probably a biggy though. The times I’m all prepped and rating to go Saturday night and come Sunday morning. There’s no pint, in too tired, suddenly don’t feel well etc etc. That’s canned more games days that I have probably played 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.