Paint Stripping Guns Gone Wrong

BigStew

Message added by Jedi_Master

Off-topic from Mack's Airsoft Dreamers

Posts have been moved here because they are off-topic and not directly about sales being highlighted in Mack's

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

14 hours ago, Tackle said:

Agree, the minute a guns painted, I reckon it's target audience for resale diminishes by about 70%, unless it's reflected in a lower price.

Unless it's something like a unique geartech special, paint jobs are very marmite.

There is a relatively cheap Classic army G3 that i can't pull the trigger on due to the camo job

1 hour ago, BigStew said:

There is a relatively cheap Classic army G3 that i can't pull the trigger on due to the camo job

You can do the following:

-Offer a disgustingly low amount because of the paint job

-strip the paint and nicely weather the gun

-profit

1 hour ago, Skara said:

You can do the following:

-Offer a disgustingly low amount because of the paint job

-strip the paint and nicely weather the gun

-profit

Stripping guns are a bugger

1 minute ago, BigStew said:

Stripping guns are a bugger

I’ll vouch for that,

bought a cheap parts job lot and spent an afternoon with thinners, cloth and cotton buds, finding the sweet spot between a sh**ty desert storm rattle-can job (ideal for all the deserts the UK sites have?) and the manufacturers paint 

4C7A9E4E-DC15-4421-9C0F-D17134CF5133.jpeg

• Supporters
1 hour ago, RYoung22 said:

I’ll vouch for that,

bought a cheap parts job lot and spent an afternoon with thinners, cloth and cotton buds, finding the sweet spot between a sh**ty desert storm rattle-can job (ideal for all the deserts the UK sites have?) and the manufacturers paint 

4C7A9E4E-DC15-4421-9C0F-D17134CF5133.jpeg

Just a reminder to anyone thinking of stripping paint off your gun, if, unlike the man above your guns got a plastic body, DONT use xylene thinners, you'll be left holding a gearbox covered in molten plastic lol 😂 

3 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Just a reminder to anyone thinking of stripping paint off your gun, if, unlike the man above your guns got a plastic body, DONT use xylene thinners, you'll be left holding a gearbox covered in molten plastic lol 😂 

very true 😂 probably should have cleared up that they are metal parts in my last post,

Please don’t hold me liable if you reck a gun following my dodgey methods 😂

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tackle said:

I feel there's an interesting story behind this post....

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I feel there's an interesting story behind this post....

Quite possibly, but thankfully not mine lol

5 minutes ago, BigStew said:

SIG?

luckily was just a google image search that one 😂 I wouldn’t be able to bring myself to admit it if I had messed up as bad as the sig-smelter photo

• Supporters
10 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

That was my first guess but what Sig has a removable slide retention pin?

so i was gonna talk about the different features until i browsed the sig catalogue and found this:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sp2022-nitron-full-size.html

17 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

so i was gonna talk about the different features until i browsed the sig catalogue and found this:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sp2022-nitron-full-size.html

That looks like it. Also I want one

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.