Newbie in Warrington

J1989h

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys and girls, been looking to get involved for a long time but none of my mates are interested nor do I know anyone who currently plays.

got loads of questions from what gun should I start with is there any rules I need to know. The overall cost of a full days game play that kind of thing.

so really anything at all you could advise me on I’d appreciate! 

@J1989h 👋

Good luck getting started, when it is safe, hopefully soon! 🤞

Been in your situation, rent and have some fun! 🔫👍

Browse around on here and you will find a lot that will help you. 🤔

I’ve been doing vids aimed at the beginners, for fun, since we can’t play! 😜

Hope this helps? 😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Have a read of all our pinned (sticky) posts in each section, plenty of useful information.

start here:

Really depends what it is you're looking for. Would you prefer outdoor or indoor?

5 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Really depends what it is you're looking for. Would you prefer outdoor or indoor?

I’m up to trying both pal, but places that rent gear for the first few times as I have nothing of my own 

For indoor CQB it would be hard for me to recommend any site other than Level 2 airsoft when it comes to the North West. Level is based in Atherton and it's a pretty big site with a varied layout which offers some incredibly close engagements and opens up enough to allow for some decent longer ranged engagements too.

When it comes to outdoor I tend to travel a bit further a field although Anzio used to have a decent reputation. I'm not sure if they offer a rental service.

One thing to bear in mind is that a lot of the airsoft community will be waiting to see which sites will re-open. Nonetheless it certainly sounds like you've given it some thought and that you're approaching it the right way. Welcome to the hobby and here's hoping that once we return to some form of normality you stick around and enjoy yourself.

The site has different limits for AEG's/GBB's vs HPA. HPA users are subject to slightly lower limits. AEG and GBB users are limited to 350fps max on 0.20g but they chrono based on the weight you'll be using and they measure the power output. Maximum weight of BB allowed on site is a 0.28g BB.

You should find most this info on their FB page if memory serves.

On 01/06/2020 at 17:09, J1989h said:

Hey guys and girls, been looking to get involved for a long time but none of my mates are interested nor do I know anyone who currently plays.

got loads of questions from what gun should I start with is there any rules I need to know. The overall cost of a full days game play that kind of thing.

so really anything at all you could advise me on I’d appreciate! 

Bomb Up Airsoft is in Warrington.

If the shops ever open again it is worth a trip even if it is just to ask the staff about the basics. They have all sorts of guns (mostly M4's)  you can have a feel of to see what might take your fancy.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.